WiiWare eshop injections question

leejaclane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies if this question has been asked before, I didn't find an answer while searching the board but maybe I didn't look hard enough.

Why isn't it possible to inject WiiWare into Wii U eshop Wii games to install on the Wii U hard drive or external hard drive? I know you can do it as a forwarder, but as far as I'm aware you still have to install it to the vWii nand, which is what I'd like to avoid doing.

vWii nand is extremely small, so even with small WiiWare games there's not a lot of space, and even less when accounting for save data. I know you can move games/channels to SD, but the way Wii "plays" those games is to copy them temporarily back to the nand, they don't run from SD card. There's also of course emunand as an option, but several methods I've looked at have compatibility issues with certain WiiWare games, or channels, or virtual console games. Is there another method of emunand with better compatibility for running these?

I assume the reason actually installing it to Wii U via injection won't work has something to do with being digital downloads rather than discs like the Wii and GameCube games you can install to Wii U that way? Maybe the filesystems used by Wii and Wii U are different and the downloaded games rely on some feature not included in Wii U's filesystem? Just curious about it, I suppose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    JakobAir @ JakobAir: Damn, I haven't been on here in while. My wife and I went on a mushroom trip like 10 years ago...