Hardware Will a 400 GB microSD card work on a PSP?

NANASHI89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have a 64 gb one... So what's the limit?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tri-Z

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy, I’m sure that’ll work. I can’t imagine how long it would take to load all those games. I had 2 32gb cards in that photofast adapter. It was like 10 seconds, TEN!!

NANASHI89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy, I’m sure that’ll work. I can’t imagine how long it would take to load all those games. I had 2 32gb cards in that photofast adapter. It was like 10 seconds, TEN!!
Maybe I'll just stick with 256...

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

The3rdknuckles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at read and write speeds for cards adapters and psp go from there. If you do 256 you can do 512 cuz there are adapters that support 2 cards. I’ve read space can go as far as meets the eye.

Dave_Chad

Trophies
XP
Country
I', not sire what the upper limit is on size but i'm sure i read there is a maximum number of games the PSP will show so may be a waste even going with 256gb.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

DryerRaptor4441

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
i got 64gb in a single slot adapter, im sure 400 will work if u use a non-sandisk one that is not dodgy chinese-looking

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL I play a lot of games and can only fill up a 32 gb with what I consider good games. I can't imagine 400 unless you just want every single PSP game ever made.

Reactions: NoNAND

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 64GB in mine, but I have been wanting to get 128GB, or a 256GB, but it never works. What Adapter is being used for those who have 128GB+ Cards?????????????

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 64GB in mine, but I have been wanting to get 128GB, or a 256GB, but it never works. What Adapter is being used for those who have 128GB+ Cards?????????????
there lot adapters micro sd dual or single on ebay go for 3 to 5 dallors all u need to format it to fat32 on pc before u put in psp only 128 GB works for me.

Reactions: Smoker1

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only problem is, a lot of Links I see are saying only 64GB is max. Does the Card need to be a Specific type?

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only problem is, a lot of Links I see are saying only 64GB is max. Does the Card need to be a Specific type?
No all u need is to format it fat32 from pc then insert sd in psp it will read and ask to format again 128 GB is guarantee

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd just get a single-slot MSDUO adapter and a large microSD formatted to FAT32 and call it good. Those dual-card adapters are asking for trouble. And to directly anser the OP, yeah, if the card was formatted properly and with maybe some luck. But the system would be SO SLOW.

Last edited by Arecaidian Fox,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
It would, but not function properly. Anything over 32GB gives weird results, and isn't recommended. Just buy some of those dual 16GB memory card adapters and a few 16GB cards for them, and call it a day.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im good with 128 GB with single adapter on PSP2001 im waiting for my av cords order in to play on 55 inch !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    inb4 computer science
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Fake Leg scratching 101
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    IT support you can act like your own farts smell like cherries that way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Odin 2s $300 lol no
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    The Mini is even more lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That RG cube is starting to look like the better value price creep option
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a handheld gaming system with a tablet sized screen, like a 8 or10" screen, with controllers that can detach like the Switch.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @BigOnYa i was legitimately trying to scratch my leg, this is reminding me of that cylinder post
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    I don't see the buzz about a square screen personally. I think there will be a review on the site within a few weeks though if you are interested.
    +1
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    I've put down the money on the Odin 2 Mini since I just love that Vita form factor. Loved the power of the Odin 2 but the size always put me off, this one seems exactly what I've been wanting.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't care about the square screen it's just nice to hold something you don't have to stretch your arms a foots length
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All these things expecting to be super huge is overrated just run a type c cable to your TV if you want a big display or in my case screen mirror it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    On the go tho I meant, I use my 10" tablet and a Bluetooth controller for retro gaming while sitting on my porch or on long car rides sometimes. Easier on my eyes than the Switch screen.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My point is we already have enough shit with big displays having something pocketable with up to ps2 would be fine on the go
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken unless the games are made for that screen size most suck on a screen that size... Having a square screen and being brighter and higher res helps but it's not a cure all, text is tiny bullets are tiny, your.... Well lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can stretch to fit probably it's not all bad that they make it seem to be
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People always yap about oh but you loose pixels but yeah it won't look awful either
    I like filters :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Filters are why you don't go on 2nd dates
    Lol nahhh it's because I usually get what they want on the first date lol
    I swear if I hear "I don't usually do this on the first date" on more time... I am going to start counting
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought you McDonald's even tho you lied about your pics I still deserve this
    No no continue, I hear these things women say so often I decided to start counting
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: No no continue, I hear these things women say so often I decided to start counting