Hacking Will GW users on 9.x need to remain on 9.x and thus lose later compatibility?

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello all,

Has anyone been able to get an official word on whether GW 9.x users will need to remain on, and thus remain limited to, 9.x?

I am wondering this in order to compare GW 4.x using emunand, and GW 9.x.

If users must remain on 9.x without emunand, that might become quite limited, in terms of not being able to play new releases, etc.

Thanks

Glisern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Everything depends on the new exploit making it possible to create and use emunand.

Thus far, we still do not know. We just have to wait and see

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm 100% sure that you must stay on 9.0 - 9.2 to use the exploit as Nintendo would no doubt patch it eventually. However, Emunand is not confirmed. Maybe it's not ready, or maybe they're waiting for Nintendo to release a new update to do further testing, no one really knows except Gateway.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Everything depends on the new exploit making it possible to create and use emunand.

Thus far, we still do not know. We just have to wait and see
This. We simply don't know yet. Given the nature of the exploit, I think Gateway will have the ability to launch emuNAND from 9.2, but it might not be something they have available for 9.2 users right as the exploit is released.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if they have arm9 access, they almost definitely can do emunand. and there's no reason for emunand yet since there's been no further firmware updates. i'd wager that once new updates start showing up, emunand will start appearing in the newer gw releases for 9.x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1