Hacking Will ReiNX update gamecard slot?

XxShalevElimelechxX

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Basically if you update you system to 4.0.0=< you'll update your game card slot controller's firmware permanently and you won't be able to use it on lower versions again.
I remember there is a .kip that disables the slot's functionality so it won't get updated but don't remember where you can find it.
If you care about being able to play your cartridges on 3.0.2=> so you should use that .kip file.
I think ReiNX by itself will update the gamecard slot but haven't looked into the source to confirm it.

fatterdude2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know the technical reason why the gamecard controller firmware itself can't be backed up/restored (other than no one with the skills/knowledge has done or interested in doing this)? Is it because the gamecard controller firmware simply can't be read which means patching the encrypted firmware after the fact is a non-starter?

P.S. I understand I can use Rajkosta method to prevent it being written with newer firmware if I use Hekate but I do like the convenience of TX which can't load custom kips/patches.

Reactions: charlieb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1