SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The power difference will be to much that any games on the next xbox and ps5 won't be able to be ported to the switch. causing bad 3rd party support in the future.

Wizardkoer

Wii Veteran - 17
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Only reason I buy Nintendo is because they do something unique and have a unique collection. Xbox and PS4 share a LOT of titles with PC in which case PC is the obvious option as it can run games with much better graphical quality and lower frame times.

So Switch will be quite fine.

Take a look at the Wii for example. Did it have anywhere near the computation power as an Xbox 360 or a PS4? Yet it has more than 100 million in sales compared to an Xbox or PS4 which have 84 million each.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Only reason I buy Nintendo is because they do something unique and have a unique collection. Xbox and PS4 share a LOT of titles with PC in which case PC is the obvious option as it can run games with much better graphical quality and lower frame times.

So Switch will be quite fine.

Take a look at the Wii for example. Did it have anywhere near the computation power as an Xbox 360 or a PS4? Yet it has more than 100 million in sales compared to an Xbox or PS4 which have 84 million each.
People go with the ps4 and xbox one because they have no idea how to build a pc or can afford a console but not a pc also playstation has some exclusives.

Reactions: andeers

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo lives on gimmicks and publicity Wii u failed out of the gate cause all the gaming media said it sucked it was a failure day 1 cause at that point no one would give it a chance.
Switch is guaranteed success at this point for the same reason everyone loves it even if it's technically inferior there's no stopping it.

Wizardkoer

Wii Veteran - 17
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
People go with the ps4 and xbox one because they have no idea how to build a pc or can afford a console but not a pc also playstation has some exclusives.

True that they have exclusives but if you look at the total number of people playing on the console, the vast majority would probably be paying to play online some game that PC has for much cheaper and online for free.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Very much doubt so. There is more to consoles than raw power, you know? The Switch already sold more units than the Wii U.
It does matter when the switch loses third party support because peoples games run bad on it or require a lot of optimization.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

True that they have exclusives but if you look at the total number of people playing on the console, the vast majority would probably be paying to play online some game that PC has for much cheaper and online for free.
games cheaper on pc and free online but getting started is more then double the price of a console.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
It does matter when the switch loses third party support because peoples games run bad on it or require a lot of optimization.
Again. Very much doubt any of that will happen, especially considering how nobody else seems to want to compete in the portable area.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

games cheaper on pc and free online but getting started is more then double the price of a console.

That's not exactly true, and keep something in mind - You probably have a computer. Heck, most console gamers most likely have a computer. If they didn't buy that computer *and* the console, and instead of that just bought a better computer, they would have a machine that can both game and work.

And no, you don't need top end hardware to run games decently.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Wizardkoer

Wii Veteran - 17
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Again. Very much doubt any of that will happen, especially considering how nobody else seems to want to compete in the portable area.

Also the innovation of Nintendo (their hybrid concept) and that most of their games are exclusives, Nintendo will always make money.

That's not exactly true, and keep something in mind - You probably have a computer. Heck, most console gamers most likely have a computer. If they didn't buy that computer *and* the console, and instead of that just bought a better computer, they would have a machine that can both game and work.

And no, you don't need top end hardware to run games decently.

I couldn't agree more, heck the sheer amount of games people buy for their console probably for full price is probably enough to justify a PC just budget wise. Even then, the infinitely superior graphical quality, resolution, frame rates, competitive games, keyboard/mouse or gamepad option, and the sheer fact its a computer not a locked down thing is enough to justify its price. You could also build a cheap PC for $400 and run a lot of games better than consoles.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
also if you want a pc that can play games for a good price you have to build it yourself and many may not want to do that. and the price of the pc is only the tower you have to get a monitor a keyboard and a mouse to.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Not really. Nintendo Switch is currently the only runner in handheld race so even if it lose the multi-platform console games, the exclusive handheld games will still be enough to keep it alive.

Wizardkoer

Wii Veteran - 17
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
also if you want a pc that can play games for a good price you have to build it yourself and many may not want to do that. and the price of the pc is only the tower you have to get a monitor a keyboard and a mouse to.
HAHAHHAHAHA Well in the case of a PC a monitor is fairly cheap but most people want to use their consoles on a TV in which case the prices are much higher lol. A decent keyboard and mouse can be easily bought for around $50AUD, whereas an xbox controller is bitch ass expensive.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As long as Nintendo keeps their exclusives, there's no reason to fear the competition.
The Wii U's problem, in my opinion, was just poor marketing and lineup of games.
Great first party titles from the console itself but failed miserably on most 3rd party developers.
I'd really like to see an MS gaming handheld though and Sony's successor to Vita if only they didn't give up.
Or perhaps they're already in the R&D stage or something up their sleeve, who knows.
In the meantime, let's just enjoy these generation's games and consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought Cutty was a west coast rapper
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I thought Cutty was a west coast rapper