Hacking Will there be a DS-slot based flashcart?

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
The Ultra FlashPass 512M thing looks fake and no one has it yet.

i have it...and it works amazing, perfect compatiblity...probably running from slot 1 increases compatibility

its low on memory...but its good if you just play 1 game at a time, then your ds lite still looks shweet

Have you got the UMC too ? The interaction between the 2 is what sounds good to me.

Hopefully Supercard/M3 (forget ez) will make a similar device that works in unison with their flashcarts, preferably 1Gbit+ ones
smile.gif
...they could have a software switch to change at the menu to change them from no-pass mode to ds flashcart.

Frz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
frz.cc
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why would they be buggy? DS based cards don't need any kind of patching, they would just work.... (well maybe something differnet for different savesizes but I don't think so...)

nunofgs

Trophies
Website
nunofgs.fecktory.com
XP
Country
What would be the advantage of a DS flashcart? I can see how they would be for the next gen DSes if they decided to remove the GBA slot, but for now why would anyone want one? As FAST said, they'd be buggy, and also they'd be hella expensive. Origional DS owners shouldn't be complaining, as the flashcarts fit perfectly in, and in a couple of months Lite owners shouldn't be complaining either, becuase we've got a bunch of Lite sized carts on the way.

Well I do see one advantage to the DS flashcart: We could use the RUMBLEPACK
smile.gif
Also, it would probably allow you to use the new Opera browser's expanded ram cart but we don't know enough about that one right now.

Rabbi Nevins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had to buy the usb writer from minionline store...i dont UMC (if you have UMC you dont need writer)

ya the flashpass is nice...but its true some games are too big...right now i only have nintendogs...thats all that fits

but its like the real game...a catridge with 1 game, thats why its nice

XxMxVxPxX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS games are 64mbit (16mbytes) to 1024mbit (128mbytes). Most of the better ones are 256mbit or 512mbit. Yes your calculations on mbits to mbytes is corect. I will leave you to do the rest of the maths.
You can trim roms down though and replace sound files and such but this is getting harder to do and only will gain you a game or two.

My suggestion, the GBA slot carts are based on well known and tested technology, run most of the roms available (pokemon dash and ping pals being the general exception) and do so almost always flawlessly.
DS slot carts will be new concepts and technology when they arrive and are likely to be buggy as hell for a while.
omfg now what am i supposed to do? how do i cancle an order on my g6 lite???!!!!! lol jk

illumina

Trophies
XP
Country
i had to buy the usb writer from minionline store...i dont UMC (if you have UMC you dont need writer)

ya the flashpass is nice...but its true some games are too big...right now i only have nintendogs...thats all that fits

512mbit = 64mb. There's plenty of games that will fit. If you do indeed have the ultra flash pass, please post pics.

nunofgs

Trophies
Website
nunofgs.fecktory.com
XP
Country

I'm looking through the minionlinestore website and I don't see the usb writer anywhere... could you post the link?

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

That is just sad for backups. If u can only fit 1game in 1, why not just buy the freaken game for $30 (compared to $50 for that 512m cart). This is such a joke. Unless they can make like a 4gigbit, I would never consider buying this.

UnknownBeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cool so the technology is available, I think I can wait for it to get better.
yaynds.gif

All I want is 100% speed and compatibility for the games, size doesn't matter too much (a 1GBit is enough).

ron555

Trophies
XP
Country
I agree UnknownBeast.

I've got the Supercard SD + Superkey (flashme'ed) and I don't really mind the Supercard sticking out. Sure, it doesn't look that nice, but the device works great 100% (except Spiderman) with Sleep Mode (which I use ALL the time).

I'm willing to wait for this maturing technology to, uh, mature.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)