Hacking Question Will updating with a cart to 4.1.0 using SX OS 1.2 burn any fuses and are there any drawbacks?

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuses will be burnt if you do the official update without using a jig to reboot into RCM when the console finishes installing the update or if you run a higher firmware than 1.0 without booting into RCM first.
can u explain,for example i do have pokken and i want to go to 3.0.0 using the cartridge update offline.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can u explain,for example i do have pokken and i want to go to 3.0.0 using the cartridge update offline.
If you follow the tutorial on how to update without fuses, you can update without the risk. If you update with a retail cartridge, the console will reboot and burn fuses. If you want to try the latter, make sure the jig is in and you are holding volume + as the console reboots. The former carries no risks outside of forcing the console to be in AutoRCM to reduce the risk of fuse burning to 0.

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you follow the tutorial on how to update without fuses, you can update without the risk. If you update with a retail cartridge, the console will reboot and burn fuses. If you want to try the latter, make sure the jig is in and you are holding volume + as the console reboots. The former carries no risks outside of forcing the console to be in AutoRCM to reduce the risk of fuse burning to 0.
as the consoles restarts i hold + get into rcm mode on,then i do leave the switch auto rcm on?
i dont want to do the update w/o burning fuses following that guide.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as the consoles restarts i hold + get into rcm mode on,then i do leave the switch auto rcm on?
i dont want to do the update w/o burning fuses following that guide.
You have to hold volume + AND have a very good jig inserted, otherwise the jig will fail to boot the console into RCM. AutoRCM will be removed after an official update, regardless if it comes from the console or a cartridge.

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to hold volume + AND have a very good jig inserted, otherwise the jig will fail to boot the console into RCM. AutoRCM will be removed after an official update, regardless if it comes from the console or a cartridge.
ok,i install sx,then i boot normal and update via game cartridge offline,,hold the + when console restarts and then activate autorcm on.is that correct?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok,i install sx,then i boot normal and update via game cartridge offline,,hold the + when console restarts and then activate autorcm on.is that correct?
Hold volume + AND use the jig, the jig is just as important as holding volume +. Also, AutoRCM is going to be removed after the update so it won't help/hurt you at all in this process. But if you manage to update without burning fuses, I would recommend installing AutoRCM afterwards so you don't accidentally burn them.

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold volume + AND use the jig, the jig is just as important as holding volume +. Also, AutoRCM is going to be removed after the update so it won't help/hurt you at all in this process. But if you manage to update without burning fuses, I would recommend installing AutoRCM afterwards so you don't accidentally burn them.
what if i burn fuses? i cant go back to 1.0.0?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what if i burn fuses? i cant go back to 1.0.0?
Not without RCM you won't. That's why there is a long and detailed guide on how to update burning fuses so you can reduce that risk to 0 but its your choice to follow it or not. I've fully detailed the alternative method but its success guarantees on how well the jig can short boot pin 10 and subsequently boot into RCM.

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not without RCM you won't. That's why there is a long and detailed guide on how to update burning fuses so you can reduce that risk to 0 but its your choice to follow it or not. I've fully detailed the alternative method but its success guarantees on how well the jig can short boot pin 10 and subsequently boot into RCM.
i do have jig from tx that came with the dongles i bought.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro