Will you be shopping on Black Friday this year?

DavidRO99

Average Ryzen user.
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
No, since my country's retailers are crooks and up the prices before black friday and then they reduce it back to the original price (they only do this on expensive items like phones, where do I know this from? I woke up today to my sister almost crying that she had been saving up money for an S8 and they didnt reduce it at all.)

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Halloween has passed, and you know what that means! The next American holiday is here; BLACK FRIDAY!

(Huh? What do you mean Thanksgiving? Everyone knows the day after Halloween becomes the Christmas season! Duh!)

...I don't know what to say. I'm sure you're joking but I don't have anything nice to say regardless. On Black Friday, I'll be doing my yearly tradition of listening to this Megadeth song.

Reactions: AxlSt00pid

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There's no Black Friday where I live, but there's something similar. They just raise the prices beforehand and lower them afterwards. 'Huge discounts'. Bullshit.

badboi789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The closest thing we have to black friday here is el buen fin (the good weekend)

It's a scam. They raise the prices the week before and then lower them slightly, so they can say ''WOW! LOOK AT ALL THESE DISCOUNTS!'' even though the price is more expensive than 3 months earlier.

As for online deals, i might look into them.

There's no Black Friday where I live, but there's something similar. They just raise the prices beforehand and lower them afterwards. 'Huge discounts'. Bullshit.
You know, I've always heard the same thing being thrown around (especially in my family), but I've never seen it or experienced it firsthand. Care to give some examples? Can't think of any.

As for actually buying stuff, I have no disposable income (I'm a minor and I'm not given an allowance), so I can't buy anything. Yay!

Last edited by badboi789,
Reactions: Kioku

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Black Friday seems to have been a thing here in the UK for the last couple of years now too. Not to the point where people are going crazy, punching each other in the face and fighting for the last TV in stores like you seem to see happening in America, however certainly online.

Websites here like Ebuyer have been pushing early black Friday deals since last weekend, in a few years time black Friday's gonna end up been a whole month thing at this rate.

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Halloween has passed, and you know what that means! The next American holiday is here; BLACK FRIDAY!

(Huh? What do you mean Thanksgiving? Everyone knows the day after Halloween becomes the Christmas season! Duh!)

Will you be fighting among friend and foe for that sweet sweet sale, or will you spend the day relaxing, not getting into the shopping fever madness? Or will you sit at your computers midnight on Monday, ready to snipe all the Cyber Monday deals?
no as i have school

Deleted member 408979

Gbatemp amphibian
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You know, I've always heard the same thing being thrown around (especially in my family), but I've never seen it or experienced it firsthand. Care to give some examples? Can't think of any.

As for actually buying stuff, I have no disposable income (I'm a minor and I'm not given an allowance), so I can't buy anything. Yay!

Say that El Sol is selling a jacket at 600 pesos. Seeing that Buen Fin is a few months away, it raises the price to 800. Then at buen fin, it lowers it to 700.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up