Homebrew Windows on the New 3DS

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im trying to boot Win95 but it hangs on "C:/WIN95.img" even there is W95.img files on retroarch_3ds folder.
If it says C:\WIN95.img and yours is W95, rename yours to WIN95.img and try that

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

got a blue screen while booting up windows 98. Is this normal?

/sarcasm
I tried to get a Win95 running and delete a critical process in the virtuial HDD to force a bsod, i want a bsod.... is that normal???!??!?!

Diego Liberal

Old School Gamer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was looking for a DOS emu for the 3DS since i decided to grab it and play some games/homebrew and now i stumble on Win95/98 booting on the 3DS, how far did we go with the emu scene?! Was i away that long?! Living under a rock as they say?! lol

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I was looking for a DOS emu for the 3DS since i decided to grab it and play some games/homebrew and now i stumble on Win95/98 booting on the 3DS, how far did we go with the emu scene?! Was i away that long?! Living under a rock as they say?! lol

It's really more a presentation of what the 3DS is capable of, there's not much practical use since it's slow af and DOSBox isn't really designed/supported to run DOS-based windows in the first place.

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's really more a presentation of what the 3DS is capable of, there's not much practical use since it's slow af and DOSBox isn't really designed/supported to run DOS-based windows in the first place.
Will it ever be more optimized, to run at full speeds? (Maybe trough a different way instead of DOSBox)

Diego Liberal

Old School Gamer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The DS had DSx86, a dos emu. I don't see why the 3DS couldn't have one too. I used this DSx86 to run a few dos games and it wasn't that bad, but the coder moved to another deevices to keep up this emu years ago.

Pandaxclone2

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The DS had DSx86, a dos emu. I don't see why the 3DS couldn't have one too. I used this DSx86 to run a few dos games and it wasn't that bad, but the coder moved to another deevices to keep up this emu years ago.

But can that emu run dos-based windows without much problems? Unless it gives support for that then speed will be the least of your problems. Sure it'll run DOS games fine, but a DOS OS is a bit more complex than just a DOS game.

Pandaxclone2

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm running WIN95 but how can i get mouse and keyboard work ?

What retroarch emulator does it run on?

Here is the .3dsx of Retroarch build 1.3.3. It's in the dosbox_libretro folder. You could use the latest stable at this time (1.3.6) but it's not recommended since the screen tears and there may be a few other bugs.

The mouse is used by moving the c-stick and clicking is done with the shoulder buttons. As for keyboard I can't quite remember which does what but you can only use a certain amount of keys at this time like the D-Pad is arrow keys and Select/Start (Not sure which) is Enter.

D

Deleted User

The mouse is used by moving the c-stick and clicking is done with the shoulder buttons. As for keyboard I can't quite remember which does what but you can only use a certain amount of keys at this time like the D-Pad is arrow keys and Select/Start (Not sure which) is Enter.
And how that answers my question...?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1