Homebrew [WIP] 3DeSmume (DS emulator for 3DS)

vexhash

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
"Nobody needs DS emulator!"
"Just buy 5$ flash card!"
"It will be useless and will take much time to complete!"
And there we are, with 46 pages in one day...

Reactions: Deleted User

Fazana

Professional Trashposter
Trophies
XP
Country
So the game.nds on the root reminds me. When will a load menu be done, so one can launch a specific rom without copying things over? I know there's still display and input to polish first, so I imagine it'll come some point after?

Reactions: RocketRobz

itsthenavy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the game.nds on the root reminds me. When will a load menu be done, so one can launch a specific rom without copying things over? I know there's still display and input to polish first, so I imagine it'll come some point after?
If you know the answer to the question why did you post it? Yes, that will come after the more pressing matters are out of the way.

@MasterFeizz have you removed the sf2dlib dependency from your fork? I want to try compiling later today and want to know if I need to pull that in. I don't know how much I can help but I'd like to at least poke around.

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you know the answer to the question why did you post it? Yes, that will come after the more pressing matters are out of the way.
@MasterFeizz have you removed the sf2dlib dependency from your fork? I want to try compiling later today and want to know if I need to pull that in. I don't know how much I can help but I'd like to at least poke around.
No more dependencies on my fork, just make sure you are using a recent version of ctrulib

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
@MasterFeizz I have a question that might seem stupid: Why do you initialize the framebuffers in RGBA8, when RGB5A1 is already available (natively) to the 3DS? Isn't that the pixel format that the NDS uses? Wouldn't it be just a simple per-row memcpy in that case? (instead of performing the conversion)

Again, it's probably a dumb question and I might be missing something, but it'd be nice to know exactly what I'm missing

itsthenavy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No more dependencies on my fork, just make sure you are using a recent version of ctrulib
Thanks! I'll check it out later. Originally I was thinking of properly scaling the screen, but I'll have to wait until you guys move away from writing to the frame buffer directly.

I asked a question, with an assumption. I don't know this for a fact and wanted to know for sure.
Did you really think there would be an emulator without a proper load menu? ;) It's just not a priority right now (and maybe a bit quicker to skip a step and directly load a ROM). All in due time.

shutterbug2000

Cubic NINJHAX!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MasterFeizz I have a question that might seem stupid: Why do you initialize the framebuffers in RGBA8, when RGB5A1 is already available (natively) to the 3DS? Isn't that the pixel format that the NDS uses? Wouldn't it be just a simple per-row memcpy in that case? (instead of performing the conversion)

Again, it's probably a dumb question and I might be missing something, but it'd be nice to know exactly what I'm missing

The DS uses BgR5a1. So conversion is needed no matter what.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Just tried Advance Wars Dual Strike. The fps is slow but not that bad, and aside of some options in the menu (which you can still navigate thanks to the description in the top screen), you'd think the game is running perfectly. Sadly, the maps and units can't be seen so the game itself can't be played; but it's still really impressive to see the game booting with almost perfect displays.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A