Homebrew [WIP/DEMO] 3DOS - 8086(DOS) emulator for the 3DS

Raffle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I forgot to use my time machine to check for future projects - silly me.
Seriously though the 3ds PORT of duke nukem 3D has little bearing on the ability of this emulator to run duke nukem 3D. This particular emulator is not capable of running duke nukem 3D and likely never will. Which is not to say that another emulator will not be capable in the future. I suspect that it will likely need to be dedicated specifically to the 3ds along the lines of dsx86 but made for the 3ds.
its a beta but its here https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-duke-nukem-3d.402436/
you are forgotten ;)

souler92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ripping my needed game from cd...

the game requires cd1 mounted, and in further progress requires cd2... is there a workaround for it? or what could be done?

SSQ

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ssq123.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok then. 95.
Been done on n3ds only. That and 98.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Still working on this? Need DOS on my o2ds. Got Mac OS 7.5.5 running so Dos should be able to run as it gives it 8MB Ram and DOS only needs 640KB for max performance and a 5MHz CPU so hopefully we can get a 386 or even 486 working on 3ds and hopefully some extended memory or expanded memory

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
NOTE: This emulator is based off of 8086tiny, all I've done is make it run on a 3DS. If you want to see the source code, go there because it's the same besides about 10-15 lines of code. :P

So, I've decided to put out my latest project: "3DOS", a port of 8086tiny to the 3DS.

It's "functional", but it doesn't have input support(*should* be fairly easy to do) and only supports text mode(which is strange at times due to the terminal output for the 3DS/ctrulib not having "ANSI escape?", which I think 8086tiny uses for some printing. If anyone knows how to convert this to just ASCII or whatever, let me know :P), but graphics are supported using SDL, so it shouldn't be too hard make that work.

What a wonderful job.
I'm looking forward for System Shock support in ETA 20 minutes. You can commence with coding :grog:

Mugen2x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol thanks!

Also, I figured I should mention: Try out different disk images, and let me know if they boot or not. I *might* make a tutorial later about how to make one, but for now, google is your friend :P
So uh..hi, so your program is a DOS emulator or something? and does it runs games? if so would you mind telling me which ones do work and stuff?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Heheh