Hacking [WIP] KARL3DS - Kernel access on N3DS via Ninjhax + Loadcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well the thing is , piracy only requires a only little more effort than homebrew in most cases if you already got that far . leaving piracy out doesn't help anyone but the piracy cart makers that reverse engineer your exploit, add piracy and earn money with your work.

hackers can whiteknight and be anti piracy all they want, it's their right. but in the end they help noone but the card makers that steal their work and run away with the fame.

i'd feel better if only 1% of the millions of dollars going to sky3DS/gateway went to the people that earned in donations to them.

Then you'll people complaining about how it should be "free", because if any kind of money comes out of there pocket means its not "free".

Reactions: gamesquest1

zaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Then you'll people complaining about how it should be "free", because if any kind of money comes out of there pocket means its not "free".

hope you realize that most hackers don't even want any money for their effort. they do it for the sense of achievement. at best they want some cash to buy hardware so they can make progress. i have yet to see the first hacker in the console scene that charges money for a cfw or exploit.

Reactions: Margen67

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hope you realize that most hackers don't even want any money for their effort. they do it for the sense of achievement. at best they want some cash to buy hardware so they can make progress. i have yet to see the first hacker in the console scene that charges money for a cfw or exploit.

But then when those hackers got the money, whats to stop them from not making any promise on there words.

There are people that do work and those that don't. A thread was even started for a bounty and got no where, why? No one is really taking it seriously enough. Yeah sure compare it to the bounty to find someone to root the galaxy s5. Thats because the members of that community actually are serious about what they do, there were no whiners, there were no impatient people waiting for that one guy to release the root. Yes homeboy took home the prize money and so rightfully deserved to because no one else could do what he did.

MeisterFenster

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Not to want to sound like an asshole. But why would you do that? Why not tackle the newest firmware? For 9.2 and below we already Gateway.

Because Ninjhax only works up to firmware 9.2. 9.3 patches one of the used exploits, it makes no sense to start all over again and look for something new if you have something to start of. And with a redirected nand you can have the latest firmware. Maybe if this project is a success (I hope so and I think it is possible since most of the needed resources are out there) we will be able to find a new exploit for an other, newer firmware in the far future.

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you plan on having a GUI? If son I am willing to draw up some artwork for the project. (Like the GW launcher top screen)

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a qualified reverse engineer who's quite new to 3DS but would like to help. All I've done with 3DS so far is make an assembly language patch to A Link Between Worlds to let me go to Lorule early. (I made operator new return nullptr in a very specific instance, which prevents the barrier at Hyrule Castle from spawning.)

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this good? (Inspired by Ninjhax logo... Kind of a WIP, unless you people love it...)
KARL3DS.png

Rokkubro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a qualified reverse engineer who's quite new to 3DS but would like to help. All I've done with 3DS so far is make an assembly language patch to A Link Between Worlds to let me go to Lorule early. (I made operator new return nullptr in a very specific instance, which prevents the barrier at Hyrule Castle from spawning.)
It's great to see someone with experience willing to work on this! If you could have a look at either doing stage 2a or stage 3b if you have experience in assembly. I'll PM you shortly with some info, thanks for helping out!

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's great to see someone with experience willing to work on this! If you could have a look at either doing stage 2a or stage 3b if you have experience in assembly. I'll PM you shortly with some info, thanks for helping out!

I hope you guys make progress, have you also looked elsewhere besides this forum?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
gosh why is it so hard for people to understand that dev's can do whatever they like, if they purposefully limited their exploit or added strict security to it to prevent people doing something that they personally don't agree with that is completely their own choice....its like someone painting a picture and then a bunch of idiots come over saying "yeah that would look better with a big pair of boobs coz we like boobs, but we cant paint so you do it for us or we will call your painting crap".......no, the artist can do what they like with their picture, if they don't want boobs plastered all over it they can say "no, if you want boobs paint your own picture"

people need to learn a bit of respect to people doing their own thing, if you want something, you make it don't bitch because someone doesn't share the same moral code as you..........and this is why we can't have nice things :P

P.S sorry for going off on one its just tedious seeing all the bitching because people want stuff handed to them on a plate, good luck OP

Rokkubro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope you guys make progress, have you also looked elsewhere besides this forum?
So far, I've looked at 3dbrew, Yifanlu's blog, smea's blog, the 3ds itself and my own knowledge... Is there anywhere else you would recommend, I'm always open to suggestions.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The name of this project reminds me of "Lama with Hats" from TomSka's YouTube. One Lama likes to yell other one's name a lot. And it's name happens to be Carl. Though you spelled it with a K. Perhaps Lamas should be the mascot for this project? :D

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be absolutely glad to help, but I don't have a New 3DS and am pretty busy with my own cfw'ish hacks at the moment. If you need any help with technical stuff though, feel free to ask questions!

Reactions: shinyquagsire23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...