Homebrew [WIP] NKStreamer - Remote desktop streaming to 3ds

What need to do next after Input Mapping ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

namkazt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
It's working on O3ds even if the fps are not great it at least works, however, the resolution on 3ds is so small contrary to the pc that it looks really pixelated, what could i do to fix it ?
there is had Video Quality config ( display after you connected to server ) range from 0 to 100 as 100 is exactly same as PC screen.

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
there is had Video Quality config ( display after you connected to server ) range from 0 to 100 as 100 is exactly same as PC screen.
Yes but i don't talk about video quality, but about native resolution
the pc has a resolution of 720P, on the 3ds screen it is downscaled to 240P which looks pixelated

i don't talk about low video quality, but too high res on low res screen

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Input doesn't work correctly on my pc
1503246829-sans-titre.png

RedPandaTim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Input redirection is fizzing out on my end.
When using the default profile, the circle pad works great and the dpad works fine until pressing down. On the Server, it says "Cannot send <no key> event". Now I know this usually means nothing is mapped to it but not only is it mapped in the config, but it does have an effect when using it in something like VBA (GBA emulator, just as an example). Down spazzes out and spams what left would be and what B would be. It isn't anything minor since the circle pad works great but I'd thought I should let you know this was an issue. I could just be dumb and that's how it's going to be since the circle pad doesn't have a separate map yet.
Anyways, I love this program and I wish you the best of luck!

namkazt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
v0.5.9 test only. ( this version was implemented new way to transfer data also add additional data slot for sound )
experimented for test only.
NOTE: i just want to put this out for testing a bit before i'm back to work on this.

Server: Link
Client: Link

Note for N3ds: enable L2 cache and CPU clock rate to 804 to get better FPS
trying to put O3DS to 30fps and N3ds to 60FPS

Last edited by namkazt,

namkazt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Dev Note:
- built libwebp for 3ds system and it working now.
- trying to replace libwebp with current turbo-jpeg ( maybe it faster as google said that ) but still need give it a try to test.
- package size will be smaller so transfer will be faster
- also i implement video frame format like MPEG4 but have Dynamic keyframe. so transfer and performance will be much more faster.

After finish all experiment implement i will focus on fix bug and release a stable version app
so that mean next version still is marked as [Experiment]

Note: for anyone have problem with those build. please check discord channel.

Still focus :
O3ds : 30 fps
N3ds : 60 fps

Last edited by namkazt,

Phoenix333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey do you think it'll ever be possible to stream ds vc games from wii u to 3ds (tv to top screen, gamepad to bottom screen) or would it be too slow and complex?

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
30 FPS is a good goal for the O3DS. I hope some day this becomes just as good as the other, harder-to-use but much faster 3DSControllerPlus/FileStreamer, which can currently stream 60 FPS on O3DS.

Reactions: namkazt

namkazt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
30 FPS is a good goal for the O3DS. I hope some day this becomes just as good as the other, harder-to-use but much faster 3DSControllerPlus/FileStreamer, which can currently stream 60 FPS on O3DS.

is this HB what you said: https://gbatemp.net/threads/3dscontrollerplus-pc-3ds-video-and-input-streaming.447362/
i already try out this way ( stream video ) but it is hard to customize and optimize so I use current way is stream package frame. ( not implement method like mpeg4 yet ) but when it done, i think it will be good as stream video and still take care of delay ( latency )

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey do you think it'll ever be possible to stream ds vc games from wii u to 3ds (tv to top screen, gamepad to bottom screen) or would it be too slow and complex?
sorry but i'm not working with wii u.

Reactions: FateForWindows

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this HB what you said: https://gbatemp.net/threads/3dscontrollerplus-pc-3ds-video-and-input-streaming.447362/
i already try out this way ( stream video ) but it is hard to customize and optimize so I use current way is stream package frame. ( not implement method like mpeg4 yet ) but when it done, i think it will be good as stream video and still take care of delay ( latency )
Yep, exactly what I'm talking about. Like I said it is very hard to use and customize, at least the Controller part.

namkazt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi all,

so today finally i have some free time and i was completed implement webp format
comparison :

JPEG frame: 14 kb
WEBP frame : 4 kb

display in citra is webp frame tested 320x240

so will be implement on client and server as soon as i have more free time.

333341.png

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I am not even able to run the server on win 10 1703 (Compilation 15063.608, x64). The program is not able to see the installed VS 2015 c++ redistributables (probably because they are dinamically linked but not provided. The assumed compatibility does not build up here, somehow) when a version of the dll is provided locally, the server crashes. Also, offers zero feedback running it from powershell (remember newer versions of win10 have ditched cmd).

I will continue testing if I get it to run, somehow.

More info: looks like it's expecting to find the DEBUG dll's which are great for debugging, but regular users shouldn't use them. In fact, in most cases microsoft decides to not install them. Even if this is for testing purposes I am sure you are not expecting me to attach a visual studio debugger to your procces and debug the code without its symbols. So, if it's not too much of a hassle, providing a RELEASE build could fix this :)
In the meantime I'll install the appropiate SDK's to get it running and tested.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

namkazt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I am not even able to run the server on win 10 1703 (Compilation 15063.608, x64). The program is not able to see the installed VS 2015 c++ redistributables (probably because they are dinamically linked but not provided. The assumed compatibility does not build up here, somehow) when a version of the dll is provided locally, the server crashes. Also, offers zero feedback running it from powershell (remember newer versions of win10 have ditched cmd).

I will continue testing if I get it to run, somehow.

More info: looks like it's expecting to find the DEBUG dll's which are great for debugging, but regular users shouldn't use them. In fact, in most cases microsoft decides to not install them. Even if this is for testing purposes I am sure you are not expecting me to attach a visual studio debugger to your procces and debug the code without its symbols. So, if it's not too much of a hassle, providing a RELEASE build could fix this :)
In the meantime I'll install the appropiate SDK's to get it running and tested.

current version is mistaken built with debug. please avoid it and go to Discord channel. you will fill newest build there.

Reactions: Urbanshadow

namkazt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi all, sorry because of not update this project for a while, was super busy at work.
need to say that i am abandoned this project and start whole new project named PinBox to replace it and of course write from scratch.

there is some features im sure it's done:

- screen capture with optimized webp
- audio streaming support with ogg opus
- input streaming

all tested with simulation app write in windows and tested for memory leak or crash bug before ship on 3DS.

plan when release : about 10 days from now ?

thanks

navimor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi all, sorry because of not update this project for a while, was super busy at work.
need to say that i am abandoned this project and start whole new project named PinBox to replace it and of course write from scratch.

- input streaming

all tested with simulation app write in windows and tested for memory leak or crash bug before ship on 3DS.

thanks

That's very cool! I want to try it. But, can I ask why did you left NKStreamer? It's just curiosity.

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

- input streaming

thanks

Hype

Reactions: GameInCanada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: How do I connect this to my emachine