ROM Hack [WIP] NSMB2 Rom Hack - Original NSMBDS on 3DS

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Progress Update*: Finally Complete 1-3 (Had some issues but fixed them yay)

*In Progress Updates from now on there will be a list of changes if any changes were made from NSMB*

*Changes*: Spin Blocks have Turned into trampolines; Reduced the size of higher areas to actually get up there from the trampolines; There is one bug that'll be addressed later is that you cannot jump through the big mushroom blocks (will be fixed by adding duplicate block that allows to be jumped through); Green mushroom platform have been changed to Yellow, due to the updated tileset

*News*: Just if anybody wants to know I will be releasing a demo/beta test tomorrow, to get it I will post an update after completing the first castle. Just to let everybody know it will be in a HANS form. When Released feel free to post any feedback!

I also just want to say the support I've been getting is amazing, so I want to thank all of you for that. :P
If you need someone to test i can help. Just PM me. I can test things most days of the week.

Reactions: jackb994

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
*Progress Update*: Finally Complete 1-3 (Had some issues but fixed them yay)

*In Progress Updates from now on there will be a list of changes if any changes were made from NSMB*

*Changes*: Spin Blocks have Turned into trampolines; Reduced the size of higher areas to actually get up there from the trampolines; There is one bug that'll be addressed later is that you cannot jump through the big mushroom blocks (will be fixed by adding duplicate block that allows to be jumped through); Green mushroom platform have been changed to Yellow, due to the updated tileset

*News*: Just if anybody wants to know I will be releasing a demo/beta test tomorrow, to get it I will post an update after completing the first castle. Just to let everybody know it will be in a HANS form. When Released feel free to post any feedback!

I also just want to say the support I've been getting is amazing, so I want to thank all of you for that. :P
Great! Can't wait 'til that demo! :)
BTW I recommend featuring your progress posts, so it's easier to access them from the FP. :P

jackb994

Self-Proclaimed Gamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you need someone to test i can help. Just PM me. I can test things most days of the week.
Just PM me tommorrow around this time when I've released the progress update

Great! Can't wait 'til that demo! :)
BTW I recommend featuring your progress posts, so it's easier to access them from the FP. :P
I've got a changelog spoiler in the first post

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
@jackb994 This is a very big project. Do you want me to help? :)
Long things like this can go to waste because the creator loses their interest, and I don't want that to happen with this. :)
(Trust me, I'm talking from personal experience.)

jackb994

Self-Proclaimed Gamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@jackb994 This is a very big project. Do you want me to help? :)
Long things like this can go to waste because the creator loses their interest, and I don't want that to happen with this. :)
(Trust me, I'm talking from personal experience.)
What sort of stuff would you be willing to help on?

Conn0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sick. I don't know how you are going to get the boss battles to work though. The boss battles were the best part of NSMBDS I remember. Either way, I'll still play the rom hack. Good works.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Sick. I don't know how you are going to get the boss battles to work though. The boss battles were the best part of NSMBDS I remember. Either way, I'll still play the rom hack. Good works.
I guess the boss battles are going to be the NSMB2 ones.
Since we're not programmers, we cannot make them.

jackb994

Self-Proclaimed Gamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I will cross the boss battle bit when it comes to it, but I have a few ideas.

jackb994

Self-Proclaimed Gamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for delay, but because of restrictions of NSMB2 I won't be able to add the moving blocks. If anybody wants to try themselves into adding the moving blocks in PM me. But for now it will be solid :-(

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Sorry for delay, but because of restrictions of NSMB2 I won't be able to add the moving blocks. If anybody wants to try themselves into adding the moving blocks in PM me. But for now it will be solid :-(
What moving blocks? Do you mean Snake Blocks?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BTW using the Movement Controller, you can make any block move.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, but on 2 monitors at 4k. Its just want you want really, to each they own.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    For a kids aspect Anbernic would be the better option they'd probably melt over the price on a good 4k display
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For that texasroo guy, I'd recommend the Spell and speak as his first system.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So they buy a pi5 kit for about $150 and say a 28" 4k display probably looking around $400 total
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll be getting in the territory of portable Pcs anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Again you get what you pay for, its like buying a S series for $300 but its only 1440p native, if you want true 4k, gotta get the X model for $500. But yea you right, when moms buying it anyways, you gotta stay cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They could use HD out on their TV no real need for a monitor these days tbh the purists will disagree
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm kind of phasing out on the need for wanting all these consoles cool to have but they just become dust build ups
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I here ya there, I have too many myself, and have hard time letting them go, since most of mine I've modded at some point. Anymore I just play Switch on the go, seriesx at home.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ack my throat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I need to invest in some storage totes tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tots?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tootles
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tootles? Wtf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh tootles
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh totes , lol, like Tupperware storage, I gotcha
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm designing my own entertainment cabinet for my man cave, to store all my systems, then I'm also designing a power supply/HDMI switcher so I can switch to whichever system I want, and power it also. Already picked up the cabinet board, but tinkering with my drawings before start
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But yea, I have frogger arcade cabinet that I gutted and put a Pi4 then Pi5 into, but it never gets played much anymore, should sell it. Even when the kids come over, they don't want to play on it, just the xbox. TMNT and Simpson's arcade is still so fun on it, esp w 2 players.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gonna check out the new Garfield looks like garbage
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Can't wait to see the new "stick" that can actually play Ps3 or 360 games. I know they are getting close.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty didn't you see the new garfield?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah it's all animated I was hoping for some live action
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, yes i did
  • T @ TheSusKing:
    does anyone know if you can run android apps on a usb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean use a external usb thumb drive as storage? Yeah it depends on the phone
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You mean use a external usb thumb drive as storage? Yeah it depends on the phone