ROM Hack [WIP] Paragon (Fire Emblem Fates)

Player-2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I wanna add some dialogue between Kana and Possessed!Scarlet in Revelations Chapter 23 if Corrin S-supported her. I've got the dialogue and such all fixed up but I can't seem to figure out what to do to make it show up. I know it's done in Exalt and such but beyond that I'm bewildered - every time I try it I just get the generic line.
I haven't tested this out but to make sure the dialogue only appear in this scenario, you'il have to edit the chapter script in Exalt, the script for Birthright chapter 15 has a similar condition (dialogue only if Corrin and Kaze have an A-rank support or above).
The function to get the support level is ev::UnitGetRelianceLevel($0, $1) where $0 and $1 are the units you want.
It seems to associate ranks with numbers (0 for no support, 1 for C rank, 2 for B rank, 3 for A rank, it can go above 3 so 4 might be S rank but there's also A+ so you should test it).
Again, this is just what I've understood from Birthright 15's script and haven't tested yet so it might not work.

Reactions: crazypairingperson

Vatek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to create new parent/child supports for Awakening in Paragon for some of the Gay Awakening pairings but it's just not working. The dialogue is written and properly formatted and I have the .bn.lz file for the characters in the proper folder but the support just skips the dialogue entirely.

FlyingKitsune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I was wondering about a few things, so I'll just ask them in order.
1. How do you edit the beginning Corrin equipment? I've tried a few times to do it, but it just uses the default.
2. Is it possible to add in critical hit quotes for characters that normally don't, an example being one of the capturable bosses?
3. How do you make a character unavailable for use in maps, like how Elise can't be used in that one chapter she's sick?
4. Can you make a song not change in combat, is that the Volume Control Only option?
EDIT: Got some additional questions.
5. How would one go about adding generic units as allies AND give them voice lines? I've been doing a lot of things, to no avail...

Last edited by FlyingKitsune,

Hales_Own_Troll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not sure if this would be a Paragon question, or a Code Mod type of question, but ill ask it here: Is there anyway of binding a forge material type to Beast/Dragonstones? I've been looking through the various options on paragon, but unless it is one of the unknowns, I've been unsuccessful. It also doesn't seem like any of the invites to the main modding discord work anymore, so I havent been able to ask there. Would anyone know if anything can be done about this?

Arnaud04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A such cool program ^^
My question is : Did the japanesse version (english patch or not) is compatible and...i can't imagine if it's possible to create a Live2D. just i'm a big noob about hack programming :(

Sharken

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is a known issue with Gay Awakening. It's an older hack with kind of broken files, so it doesn't play well with newer tools. The creators of the hack are working on an updated version that should fix this, but I don't know when that's coming out.

This is possible through editing bs/aset.lz, but Paragon doesn't have support for this file yet. There's a ruby script you can use for that which I'll include here, but I don't have much experience with it.

Support for this file is in the backlog for Paragon, but I don't know when it will be available.

Same as above, your best bet is bs/aset.lz.
The Ruby Script to extract aset.lz. How to run this?

Zeoro94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I was wondering about a few things, so I'll just ask them in order.
1. How do you edit the beginning Corrin equipment? I've tried a few times to do it, but it just uses the default.
2. Is it possible to add in critical hit quotes for characters that normally don't, an example being one of the capturable bosses?
3. How do you make a character unavailable for use in maps, like how Elise can't be used in that one chapter she's sick?
4. Can you make a song not change in combat, is that the Volume Control Only option?
EDIT: Got some additional questions.
5. How would one go about adding generic units as allies AND give them voice lines? I've been doing a lot of things, to no avail...
1. It's probably forcing the items in script, which you'll need exalt program for it. Its probably a line UnitSetPrivateSkill delete the whole function and check if it will read your item change.

2. It is, you will need to give them a CT portrait, and give them someone else's voice or import your own since they have none. As long as the ct exists, the cut in should work despite no voice.

3. Again, you need exalt program and it's the "if" function with the UnitGetByPID. It has the unitgetforce and unitsetnever.

4. All the fight music excluding the final boss one are prgram to have a map and battle. You would need to learn how to edit in bscar to add music that does not change in combat.

5. They exist in characters tab. They are the ids 82- 132. You make an AID in rom3, name it AID_insertnameyou want scroll down to Voice tab, and insert voice you want there. Then back to character tab insert the AID you created into the AID cell on the generic unit you want to apply this to.

roulette

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, I need some help with Paragon. I've dumped the romfs for FE14 into Paragon from Citra but I'm getting a lot of errors. Basically, it can't find any IDs so it ends up looking like this

62620abec16ed.jpg

The log says this as well: INFO:root: Discarding support chars=___________.bin.lz because character data cannot be found.

I've never done any hacking before so this is all new to me. If anyone can help me, I'd really appreciate it

Last edited by roulette,

Zeoro94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I need some help with Paragon. I've dumped the romfs for FE14 into Paragon from Citra but I'm getting a lot of errors. Basically, it can't find any IDs so it ends up looking like this

View attachment 381023

The log says this as well: INFO:root: Discarding support chars=___________.bin.lz because character data cannot be found.

I've never done any hacking before so this is all new to me. If anyone can help me, I'd really appreciate it
What version are you using? and if you put in the romfs correctly into the extracted romfs directory, the game id is usually fine. As well as the output directory.

ArthurCDoyle

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi! I have been lurking here and there for an answer but I can't find anything. My question is, there is a way in paragon to edit the statues in fates that provide increased stat cap? And in the same line, a way to edit the limit break skill in awakening to increase the level cap?

Vahdokah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In each character's tab, there's a combat music option... is there any way to get it to play special combat music for whoever you put it on? I'd love to get the amiibo units with their unique battle music when you fight them in their amiibo chapters all the time

Zeoro94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In each character's tab, there's a combat music option... is there any way to get it to play special combat music for whoever you put it on? I'd love to get the amiibo units with their unique battle music when you fight them in their amiibo chapters all the time
As far as I'm aware, that feature works only on enemies when working on them in the chapter tabs. It does not read from there in the character tab. Sounds like something that would be needed outside of paragon to make it read the for characters.

Liloader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve made some supports for my characters in awakening through paragon and tried adding units on maps to recruit them earlier but none of the changes I’ve made seem to stick when I put them in the game but I have no idea what I’m doing wrong I’ve been copy pasting my output folder into my romfs thought luma\title\titleid\romfs

melodramaniac

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello, I'm new to modding and I wanted to use Paragon in order to set visiting rewards to 0 in order to acces them, however when launching paragon, I have a window that opens saying : "Cannot find Paragon data files. This probably means that your working directory is incorrect". It's weird because I haven't touched anything after extracting. I don't know what to do and the projects I try to create do not open. Anybody know what's causing the issue please?

PS: I'm on a mac

Zeoro94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I really wanted to change the victory condition of certain Birthright chapters to rout, is there any way of doing this with Paragon? And if so how?
That is dealt outside of Paragon, you use another program called Exalt. You grab scripts of the chapters you want to change. In the "event [7] () {" sections the victory condition is there.
Usually they are like:
ev::ChapterSetWinRuleEnemyNumberLessThanOrEqualTo(0);
ev::ChapterSetWinRuleBreakdown(1);
ev::ChapterSetWinRuleDestroyBoss(1);

paterino_

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello everyone, hope someone can help me, so far I have trying paragon out for a week and it had been real fun!
Im running into a problem with adding s supports in awakening to existing characters like RobinF x Lissa.
They get their support and if reached the scene will start, but the issue is it fades away immediately and the pop up for S support has been reached comes up.
I tried to find any data that can be edited, but only found .bin files who states support.
Is there a script that needs to be edited for that?
Or is even custom S supports not possible to port?

So far we added a simple convo and connected a reliance for both charactrs via Paragon on the support number 1830 (1829 was the latest entry being MorganFxNah)

cris1010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I'm modding the Japanese version of FE:Fates, if I want to change the position where a text appears, do I need to use Exalt? Or does Paragon allow me to do that?

And also, the Epilogue file (and also other files) have a text character limit issue, if you write more characters than the limit it breaks and stops rolling... Is there a way to fix that limit?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sorry guys i had to go