ROM Hack [WIP] Pokémon Bun (w/ No Outlines, InstantHatch & SciresM Patches Built-in!)

Trophies
Country
Canada
Hey so I hoped on Bun and I noticed that everything was normal. Like no text change or anything. So I deleted the 1.1 update and Pokémon Bun was back to its usual "appropriate" self.
You think that you can make it where the 1.1 update or any other further update doesn't affect the patches in Pokémon Bun? It's kinda tiring to delete the update, play Pokémon Bun then re-download the update just to have online access on my retail copy of Pokémon Sun.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Trophies
Country
Canada
Is there a easier way to patch this than extracting a 3GB Rom dum or CIA file to patch a file with xdelta? Also does this work with Moon or just sun?
You can find the cia file on the net somewhere the original poster uploaded or just dump the game. It took me like 20-30 minutes to fully dump the decrypted copy of Sun.

Trophies
Country
Canada
Thank you for the information but it doesn't help me to be honest, it didn't answer my question.:mellow:
1. There is no way to side-load the patches to the game.
2. You will have to dump the game and follow the OP guide to patch it.
3. This only works on Sun since it uses the same title ID as Pokémon Sun.
4. The OP uploaded the cia somewhere on the net so you don't have to patch it for yourself.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This only works on Sun since it uses the same title ID as Pokémon Sun.
So if somehow the title id is changed, it can work on moon as well?:unsure:
There is no way to side-load the patches to the game.
I didn't even know there was a such thing as sideloading patches. I saw someone posted a video of how to patch the game to remove outline, apperently in luma settings has a patch option, but mines doesn't... Also i thought hans were for patching games as well... but i never used any of this so what do i know :P

Trophies
Country
Canada
So if somehow the title id is changed, it can work on moon as well?:unsure:

I didn't even know there was a such thing as sideloading patches. I saw someone posted a video of how to patch the game to remove outline, apperently in luma settings has a patch option, but mines doesn't... Also i thought hans were for patching games as well... but i never used any of this so what do i know :P
So what you can do now is find the OPs cia or just dump your game and follow her guide.

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Why this thread seems to be too passive recently? :blink:
I've been busy with life, just had a root canal and I have another root canal next Monday. I have been working on the game off and on.

I know I said no updates until v0.25, but since GameFreak put out an update that fucked up my romhack...I'll be releasing a new pre-built cia with a modded 1.1 update to keep the .ips patches and my text changes.

The new version (v0.15) also has all of the wild encounters on Memememe Island edited and some spelling/grammar errors fixed. No new text has been added in yet, this was just going to be a bugfix but I decided to include the finished encounter data as a bonus for the people following this romhack.

If you already have the game installed and don't care about the wild encounters, you can just delete the official 1.1 update and install the modded one when it's posted in a few hours.

Last edited by BelmontSlayer,

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I've been busy with life, just had a root canal and I have another root canal next Monday. I have been working on the game off and on.

I know I said no updates until v0.25, but since GameFreak put out an update that fucked up my romhack...I'll be releasing a new pre-built cia with a modded 1.1 update to keep the .ips patches and my text changes.

The new version also has all of the wild encounters on Memememe Island edited and some spelling/grammar errors fixed. No new text has been added in yet, this was just going to be a bigfix but I decided to include the finished encounter data as a bonus for the people following this romhack.

If you already have the game installed and don't care about the wild encounters, you can just delete the official 1.1 update and install the modded one when it's posted in a few hours.

Also please don't ask me for the pre-built cia or where to find it, be smart and use a search engine.

I think i need to check "that site",since i totally don't understand what are you talking about,sorry

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
The newest version has been released, please check the usual sites for the prebuilt CIA and the modded v1.1 update. I had to remove the SaltySD patch, since it doesn't work properly with 1.1 anymore.

The xDelta patches will need to be updated as well as the instructions, but if you check the Project Folder you can find everything you need. Also, please don't ask for the prebuilt .cia here or ask me to PM it to you...use your brain and Google.

Last edited by BelmontSlayer,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The newest version has been released, please check the usual sites for the prebuilt CIA and the modded v1.1 update. I had to remove the SaltySD patch, since it doesn't work properly with 1.1 anymore. As usual, please don't ask for the prebuilt .cia here or ask me to PM it to you...use your brain and Google.
Oh thank goodness you are here. I had a question, and i guess i could have pm but didn't wanna annoy you if you already had so many pm about this post...

Anyway Umm i was wondering does these patches work for pokemon moon? I was gonna use that for this mod cause i had intended to play sun legit, and cause i couldn't have two sun games on my SD card at the same time i had decided to just use moon as subsitute instead.

Next question, is there a easier way to patch this than extracting a 3GB cia file to xdelta patch a file then rebuilt and re install? cause if you have to do that with every new update especially since the file size is so huge it take some time. I was hoping for altenative like some on the fly patch thing, i dunno if hans or luma some how can do this real time patching or not, cause i never used a rom hack on 3DS before so i'm kinda new, yours will be the first one. :blush:

Sometimes i wish a homebrew exist that can just connect online and download rom hack and install it on system the easy way like some server where mods can be uploaded and updated but easy install from system. :P

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Oh thank goodness you are here. I had a question, and i guess i could have pm but didn't wanna annoy you if you already had so many pm about this post...
No worries, I've just been busy with life recently. But you can always send me a PM and I'll respond when I'm online. E:3

The patches don't work for Moon, but I'm planning on building a second version soon. It should be out when v0.25 releases, probably in mid February.

Second and sadly...no. I had SaltySD included in the original version, but once 1.1 came out it broke that so I had to remove it. That would of allowed incremental patches by just copying a the new patched files to the SD and it would've taken maybe an extra 300mb. But until that gets fixed and works with the v1.1 update, I just recommend keeping the extracted folder with a backup of the files you need to patch on your HDD. So when a new version comes out you can copy over the original files, patch them and rebuild. The rebuild only takes like 15-20 minutes on my laptop, it's just a pain to transfer and reinstall a 3GB file, trust me I know.

Also, check your PMs. :P

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The patches don't work for Moon, but I'm planning on building a second version soon. It should be out when v0.25 releases, probably in mid February.
Okay, i will patiently and happily await your news :)

Second and sadly...no. I had SaltySD included in the original version, but once 1.1 came out it broke that so I had to remove it. That would of allowed incremental patches by just copying a the new patched files to the SD and it would've taken maybe an extra 300mb. But until that gets fixed and works with the v1.1 update, I just recommend keeping the extracted folder with a backup of the files you need to patch on your HDD. So when a new version comes out you can copy over the original files, patch them and rebuild. The rebuild only takes like 15-20 minutes on my laptop, it's just a pain to transfer and reinstall a 3GB file, trust me I know.

I was just wondering, i never really herd of saltysd but i also noticed that it kinda seem tedious to keep reinstalling a CIA file to update content especially with such long times due to having that 3GB file. So i was just curious if there was a easier way. If there isn't then is okay, i'm glad you are aware of this and is considering a solution in future. I think that is nice of you to listen to mine or anyone else concerns and consider them possible for resolve. ^_^

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I think that is nice of you to listen to mine or anyone else concerns and consider them possible for resolve. ^_^
I do this kind of work because it's fun to me and I enjoy seeing people having fun playing my romhacks. So of course I'm going to reply to anyone and try to help them out the best I can.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do this kind of work because it's fun to me and I enjoy seeing people having fun playing my romhacks. So of course I'm going to reply to anyone and try to help them out the best I can.
I'm glad, i never actually been directly involved in any projects but i mean i guess first time for everything, and i'm glad someone is being kind about it, usually do not do well with confrontation especially if i have less.... leverage if i should call it that, being i'm not the one making the project, the decisions, or anything huge or important contribution. But if i do get ideas i do wish to ask and know the person is polite to respond without feeling annoyed or bother them about something they don't wish to get problems from. :)

So is new for me to have done something like this and think i can try to keep it peacful and working smoothly. Even without direct contributions and stuff.^_^

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know it was mentioned somewhere, but could you add the title Id change to your to-do list? It would be really convinient ^^
BTW great work so far! I never played a rom hack like this :'D

Last edited by Esdeath,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it was mentioned somewhere, but could you add the title Id change to your to-do list? It would be really convinient ^^
BTW great work so far! I never played a rom hack like this :'D
I think she plans on it, though it may not be as easy. It will probably be for cia only and it needs to be directly applied to the cia, the rom hack itself doesn't do that, it just replaces files with her own mods to make it work, which is why is required to extract cia then repack it after patching it.

Still i hope is possible so you don't need conflicting game save data or other problems with official release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol