Homebrew [WIP] SafeSysUpdater

Biovirulent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not not yet, ver.11 will never get an exploit. Maybe 11.1 will have an exploit in it, but not 11. Downgrading from ver.11 is only possible with a hardmod, or an existing install of A9LH.

Check the exploits on the list of 3ds homebrew.
"heaphax". Won't get released though :(

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Sorry bud I don't know that much. Haha. All I know is it exists. Don't know exactly what it is or how it works, all I know is what the exploits on the homebrew list page told me.
Looked into it, it's a kernel exploit, as we could use it for SysUpdater, but it was partially patched, nothing else is said. So, who knows. Hopefully they can get around what was used to fix it if it's partial.

The_Grox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
I just bought a New 3DS XL a week ago, with out-of-box firmware version 9.9.0-26U. Here are all thing that I've done:
  • Inserted a 16Gb new microSD, containing the original 4Gb microSD data
  • Did a system format with SD in the console
  • Set up BrowserHax & MenuHax
  • Downloaded update pack "9.2.0-20U(Full)_n3ds" from that iso site
  • Set up the SafeSysUpdater v1.0 & double checked the right files using it
  • Opened FTBrony and closed it again
Oh, and then just before I started to downgrade, I googled so many things about this whole downgrading process, and discovered some people bricking their 9.9.0-26E consoles, and now I'm too nervous to do it. I have some questions, and I'm sorry if they were already answered earlier, cause I really can't read all these 100 pages.
  1. If you format your system once or twice, the brick chances at the end of a successful downgrade are very low, right?
  2. Which version of SysUpdater is the best for downgrade in my situation? The normal one, the safe one, the SafeSysUpdater specific for 9.3-10.3 mentioned by the OP, or PlaiSysUpdater?
  3. Does upgrading to 10.3, then downgrading back to 9.2 decrease the brick chance? If so, I must use the original SysUpdater with 10.3 update packs right? Is it as risky as downgrading?
  4. If I had partial downgrade, and the mismatching titles were universal (I mean no difference between O3DS and N3DS update packs), I should use this tool again ONLY with those titles right?
Oh, and another thing. This is my first post in this forum! Any answers are appreciated.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you format your system once or twice, the brick chances at the end of a successful downgrade are very low, right?
if it's brand new, you should format it at least once before downgrading. this prevents any possible soft brick post downgrade.
Which version of SysUpdater is the best for downgrade in my situation? The normal one, the safe one, the SafeSysUpdater specific for 9.3-10.3 mentioned by the OP, or PlaiSysUpdater?
use PlaiSysUpdater.
Does upgrading to 10.3, then downgrading back to 9.2 decrease the brick chance? If so, I must use the original SysUpdater with 10.3 update packs right? Is it as risky as downgrading?
does not do anything.
If I had partial downgrade, and the mismatching titles were universal (I mean no difference between O3DS and N3DS update packs), I should use this tool again ONLY with those titles right?
if you have a downgrade fail in the middle, and the console still turns on, you can continue downgrading. DO NOT UPDATE!

start here. this has everything you'll need. https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)

Last edited by ihaveahax,

akramff

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hello
I am new here please I need help
I have n3ds xl ofw 9.4.0.21 and I used sysupdater 0.4.2 to upgrade I used safesysupdater to check the cias and the md5 and all the preparations were made
I used menu hacks to get homebrew and (I think I deleted the nag thing ) and at the middle of cia installation a system message showed up error reboot system and it
did not start up until I removed the sd card and it worked normally and when I go to settings it shows 9.2.0 and I was able to use browser and menu hax but the problem is
gateway which was the main reason behind the downgrade did not work please help me what should I do
sorry for the large thread.

Last edited by akramff,

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
hello
I am new here please I need help
I have n3ds xl ofw 9.4.0.21 and I used sysupdater 0.4.2 to upgrade I used safesysupdater to check the cias and the md5 and all the preparations were made
I used menu hacks to get homebrew and (I think I deleted the nag thing ) and at the middle of cia installation a system message showed up error reboot system and it
did not start up until I removed the sd card and it worked normally and when I go to settings it shows 9.2.0 and I was able to use browser and menu hax but the problem is
gateway which was the main reason behind the downgrade did not work please help me what should I do
sorry for the large thread.

Use plaisysupdater and run the downgrade again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Grox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello again!
I downgraded right now and got a partial downgrade. Then re-downgraded and device successfully booted. But when I checked installed titles with downgrade_checker, it showed that these titles are not in correct versions:

Code:
    Title ID 0x0004009B00010402
        Expected: 0x1002
        Installed: 0x1402

------

Title ID 0x0004003000009e02
        Extra title

------

Title ID 0x0004001B00010802
        Expected: 0x0000
        Installed: 0x0400

------

Title ID 0x0004013000001B02
        Expected: 0x0800
        Installed: 0x0c01

------

Title ID 0x0004013000001A02
        Expected: 0x1400
        Installed: 0x1801
However, I didn't find the last two titles in the New 3DS update packs at all, but found them in Old 3DS packs. When I placed files in the "updates" folder, and attempted to downgrade again with PlaiSysUpdater, I was immediately presented by this "error screen" and shut down my device. It boots fine, but I can't install the mismatched titles. Am I wrong with their versions? Please help!

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello again!
I downgraded right now and got a partial downgrade. Then re-downgraded and device successfully booted. But when I checked installed titles with downgrade_checker, it showed that these titles are not in correct versions:

Code:
    Title ID 0x0004009B00010402
        Expected: 0x1002
        Installed: 0x1402

------

Title ID 0x0004003000009e02
        Extra title

------

Title ID 0x0004001B00010802
        Expected: 0x0000
        Installed: 0x0400

------

Title ID 0x0004013000001B02
        Expected: 0x0800
        Installed: 0x0c01

------

Title ID 0x0004013000001A02
        Expected: 0x1400
        Installed: 0x1801
However, I didn't find the last two titles in the New 3DS update packs at all, but found them in Old 3DS packs. When I placed files in the "updates" folder, and attempted to downgrade again with PlaiSysUpdater, I was immediately presented by this "error screen" and shut down my device. It boots fine, but I can't install the mismatched titles. Am I wrong with their versions? Please help!
it's safe to ignore these I'm sure. it's fairly common to see the not downgraded. the "extra title" is amiibo settings, new in 9.3.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my 3ds broke a while's back, so i bought a new 9.9 one. Is this finally safe yet? I remember someone saying this version was just as safe as plaisysupdater now. Is that true? False? Or do i have to download a different/ forked version of safesysupdater? And if plaisysupdater is the best option, is there anyway i can make sure the downgrade files are correct like safesysupdater does without actually downgrading with safesysupdater?

Last edited by Giodude,

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The difference between safe and plai is extremely minimal the last time I checked the code. I'd recommend just using plai though, it should have a checker since it's a fork of ssu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: On a bad day you hear I missed my period +2