Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:
Thread re-opened.

Costello is satisfied that we are fine, and is in contact with ywg about the issues raised.

No more discussions about the GPL issues are welcome here, or anywhere else. And if I see any posts on that subject I will personally trash them, regardless of who made them.
Ah yes... the tried and true solution to ALL problems: IGNORE IT AND LET NO ONE SPEAK OF IT AGAIN!

"p1ngpong Warned on Today, 03:02 PM
Added to warn level Know when not to post"
Bullshit. I said NOTHING about the GPL.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
My mistake... I was thinking of the BSD license, not the MIT license. BSD is not copyleft. Feel free to carry on useless whining.

Still wrong.

http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.phpNo license will EVER give another person the power to change the license type.
I do believe that certain GPL versions allows you to change to other GPL versions, but that's hardly the same thing.

Wrong. Take the LGPL for instance. You link to an LGPL-licensed library, you can license the final product however you want, including closed-source and even commercial. It's only if you modify the LGPL code itself that you have to release the source FOR THE MODIFIED LGPL CODE, BUT NOT NECESSARILY FOR THE ENTIRE PRODUCT. The final product can still be closed source, only the modifications to the original LGPL code must be released. That's the entire point of LGPL vs traditional GPL.

EDIT: I hadn't read all the way through the last few pages, so I didn't see the mods say to stop discussing the licensing. I'm going to leave this post unless the mods take it down but I'm done arguing. It's not doing any good. Thank you Rydian for trying to stay on the up and up about this. The rest of you... QQMOAR...

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
You do realize p1ng said to drop the subject, right? You should go ahead and delete your post before a mod has to.

On topic: I need to go ahead and update the firmware on my R4. It's been on 1.27 for awhile now since my brother has only been playing older titles.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
CoolKill3r said:
Why's there a 'Wood R4 for R4iDS Gold v1.29b'.
Was there an version 1.29 or a before it or something?
i'd assume that wood r4i gold 1.29 had the hanging bug mentioned and 1.29b fixes that bug..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?