Hacking Wood R4 save compatibility issue?

Ardend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did some quick checks for this and didn't find anything that matched exactly, but forgive me if this is a known issue. I recently upgraded from Wood R4 1.18 to 1.31 and then loaded up Zelda Spirit Tracks. When the game started, it decided to create a save file despite the fact I had a nearly done game save already working from 1.18! And of course now the save that was there is overwritten with the new empty save and the progress is lost. This has nothing to do with the NDS.SAV thing, as that is how my save was already named. It simply ignored my old one and overwrote it. Did the save system change somewhere between 1.18 and 1.31? I know its a lot of versions between, but i never had a need to update till now. Any help would be great!

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
are you sure it's not the 'NDS.SAV thing' as you say?

Maybe you should check the contents of your micro SD card to check if there's both .nds.sav and .sav extension of that game to confirm, if you haven't done so.

Also, does it do to all of your games, or is it only affecting Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks?

You should also check if you changed your save slot.

Ardend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yah i double checked that a .SAV wasnt created instead, but nothing. Just the newly overwritten NDS.SAV. I haven't checked other games for fear of losing those saves as well, but ill back them up in a bit here and give it a shot. It would suck if it was all games but I would think others would have noticed so maybe its just spirit tracks? Anyone have any trouble loading up spirit tracks saves on newer kernels? if anyone wants to test just be sure to back up the old save like I SHOULD have done
frown.gif

Ardend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i checked and it doesnt in fact seem to just be Spirit Tracks, so thats good. I can't tell what the deal is, this save worked before on 1.18 so im not sure whats going on. Whats wierd is i tried running all this through no$gba too and i get the same thing, maybe my rom is bad, ill replace and see....

Ardend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i can't get any save, downloaded, converted, or otherwise to work on 1.31. Can anyone get test this? If you have a save from an older wood R4, see if you can get it to load with spirit tracks on 1.31. I just want to know if im crazy or what lol.

Ardend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i tried something different, took a save created in 1.31, empty, then took a save downloaded from gamefaqs (converted to .sav) and pasted all of that into the empty save in a hex editor and the save works. So at least i can go from there if i have to....

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
Ardend said:
So i tried something different, took a save created in 1.31, empty, then took a save downloaded from gamefaqs (converted to .sav) and pasted all of that into the empty save in a hex editor and the save works. So at least i can go from there if i have to....
Dude, use the EDIT button instead of Quadruple-posting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    startthematch @ startthematch: Anyone in uere