Homebrew Working downgrade from 10.6 to 9.2!

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it worked for me on my majora's mask n3ds xl. downgraded from 10.6u to 9.2u. took only about 2 minutes to downgrade. when i downgraded my zelda albw o3dsxl. it felt that it took longer + sysupdater kept crashing on it. the one from the OP, worked 1st try on the new3dsxl

Last edited by dragonblood9999,

RMZK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I dont have an entry point i could use.
Im to broke to buy oot with powersaves or cubic ninja xD

You could also find someone with hombrew to inject the save for you with oothaxtool, Ocarina of time is not that expensive.

Tzuba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone get to installing Cakes CFW and get the error "Firmware version may not be supported by cakes"?

I did everything to to T so I don't know why I'm getting this error. New 3DS XL btw.

Edit: Nvm. Have two cakes for some reason, and one of them worked.

Last edited by Tzuba,

zKin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guys, since i'm a complete noob on 3DS hacking scene, I feel lost.
I have an old 3DS in 10.5-30, European. What I want is just play roms like Fire Emblem Fates (not released here, I just preordered the Special Edition because I love this serie but I want to play now, can't wait anymore since I know it's a possibility), some other title like E.X Troopers who never came, and use some Homebrew for Pokemon (PKhex) and Animal Crossing NL (I saw Ram Editor is working on 9.x).

I feel lost because I don't know which tutorial I have to follow; After searching, some seems to be for New 3DS (I have an old one) with a "modded SysUpdater", others for 10.3 or maybe outdated ("Last Edited In January"), or I see in answers some people complaining about something called "MDA5" not matching, depending on region or I don't know (i'm European, and my 3DS too)
I don't want to download and follow a guide if it bricks my poor little 3DS; I love her, so I don't want to do stupid things and be 4 times sure I'm on the right way;
Plus I don't know what to follow when I'll finally be in 9.2, stuff like Pasta, Cakes, Rxtools, Emunand, Sysnand, lost me.
I saw this link https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started but wtf it's needed to go to 2.1 for what I want to do ? I'm afraid to lost some data like bought-on-eshop-games-saves or mii plaza data if I go so far !

Can someone can help with good links ?

Thank you so muuuuch

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
Guys, since i'm a complete noob on 3DS hacking scene, I feel lost.
I have an old 3DS in 10.5-30, European. What I want is just play roms like Fire Emblem Fates (not released here, I just preordered the Special Edition because I love this serie but I want to play now, can't wait anymore since I know it's a possibility), some other title like E.X Troopers who never came, and use some Homebrew for Pokemon (PKhex) and Animal Crossing NL (I saw Ram Editor is working on 9.x).

I feel lost because I don't know which tutorial I have to follow; After searching, some seems to be for New 3DS (I have an old one) with a "modded SysUpdater", others for 10.3 or maybe outdated ("Last Edited In January"), or I see in answers some people complaining about something called "MDA5" not matching, depending on region or I don't know (i'm European, and my 3DS too)
I don't want to download and follow a guide if it bricks my poor little 3DS; I love her, so I don't want to do stupid things and be 4 times sure I'm on the right way;
Plus I don't know what to follow when I'll finally be in 9.2, stuff like Pasta, Cakes, Rxtools, Emunand, Sysnand, lost me.
I saw this link https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started but wtf it's needed to go to 2.1 for what I want to do ? I'm afraid to lost some data like bought-on-eshop-games-saves or mii plaza data if I go so far !

Can someone can help with good links ?

Thank you so muuuuch
Sorry, tis not allowed to post links to rom sites here.

Tzuba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I got emunand up and running, followed everything on the guide. But what the guide didn't mention is installing the HBL cia in emunand before updating to 10.6. Now I can't access the homebrew loader in emunand. Any way around this?

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should report that I tried it on an O3DS XL but it failed. Used recovery to get back to 10.6, and again, failure (error has occurred black screen right after the reboot from the downgrade). Hmmm, haven't tried yet, but I guess doing a system format as the other user suggested would fix everything and produce proper downgrade. Just reporting what happened, will mess with it more later. The downgrade process itself never actually failed to go forward, though, unlike trying it with old sysupdater which would very frequently fail to even start and show the pink dots.

EDIT: The system format fixed it, as expected. Downgraded no problem, first try, after doing that part.

Last edited by dronesplitter,

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
I should report that I tried it on an O3DS XL but it failed. Used recovery to get back to 10.6, and again, failure (error has occurred black screen right after the reboot from the downgrade). Hmmm, haven't tried yet, but I guess doing a system format as the other user suggested would fix everything and produce proper downgrade. Just reporting what happened, will mess with it more later. The downgrade process itself never actually failed to go forward, though, unlike trying it with old sysupdater which would very frequently fail to even start and show the pink dots.
I'm gonna update my guide now
Go to it (link in ma signature) and answer the poll

Reactions: dronesplitter

Stock98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Downgraded from 10.5E to 9.2E on my New 3DS XL. Browserhax doesn't load up sysupdater (tried for an hour) and it suddenly started working first try with menuhax. Might need to remove the SD micro after downgrading and change the theme to remove menuhax else it will boot up with a black screen.

Reactions: Lyuksus

Lyuksus

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
uhh its saying dont run this is sysNAND or it will brick my console ... do i have sysnand? xD :l thx for every answear

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?