"World Economy Crumbling!"

Joujoudoll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NeSchn said:
That quote is what I heard on the news this morning and it gave me chills down my spine. Is this the grim future we face? I sure hope not. I am not even old enough to get into Stocks or Politics but fuck man this scares the shit out of me. I am afraid of going into another depression. I don't want to lose everything I have and live in some shack somewhere.

Oh, maybe they can fix it but if not it was nice knowing you guys, these next few days will tell if we are really heading to a depression.

Few days? It's going to take much longer than a few days to see what is going to happen. It will probably take months, maybe even a year or two to find out what happens. People start freaking out and they don't want to spend money and not spending money is what progresses this situation further... If you don't have money to spend, then don't, but if you have money, spend it because it will help keep us afloat, but not enough people will do that, so it might not matter if you spend your money.

My financial adviser told me that a lot of times we get close to a recession, or we actually hit one for a while and people freak out, but it usually will start to reverse itself...

We had a recession in the 80's because Reagan was using a lot of money to strengthen the military, and it caused us to go into a recession. At the time people hated Reagan for what he did, but looking back on it now people are happy he spent money on the military because we've had to go to war and if he hadn't of done that, we could have ended up with a real problem.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
2008-09-21.gif

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This does bring to mind a Manic Street Preachers, only last year they made a new song "The Second Great Depression".
And what a year to start studying Economics at A Level aha, I'll finally be able to understand this all. Well, whatever, it's money. At least us pirates can last it out without spending much aha
tongue.gif
EDIT: Oh, and I'ma gonna carry on spending anyway. Fair enough to those who can't afford to, but if you have plenty of money, carry on spending it! That's how you get out of the mess, lots of money circulating (see, my Economics lessons are already paying off!).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Totally Nutz :rofl2: +1