Hardware Would it brick?

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably a stupid question, but if I had backups of a old Wii's NAND, and put that on a new Wii's NAND, would that Wii brick? I'm thinking it most likely would but want to know first. And I somehow doubt it that the shop channel would allow me to redownload what I had purchased on the old Wii.

farcry15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, bootmii will say that the nand dump came from another wii and won't let you go any further. there are tools to convert the nand dump to work on a different wii. but if your wii still works then why screw with it?

if you're just after wiiware/vc you owned previously, look for the wad of the game in question and install it with a wad manager

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have the Old Wii anymore. I was thinking of getting a new one and just using WADS anyway, except I doubt those are transferable to a SD card (as usable channels)

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dlf said:
I don't have the Old Wii anymore. I was thinking of getting a new one and just using WADS anyway, except I doubt those are transferable to a SD card (as usable channels)
You can patch the system menu IOS with the trucha bug to allow that. If you're getting a new Wii, it will be running 4.2 so the IOS that needs to be patched is IOS70.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Will it Brick?" Sounds like an epic youtube channel =P

I forget, but I did read a topic some time ago where someone attempted this and it didn't turn out quite as expected =P

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I will replace my Wii, and probably want to run channels off the main menu & SD card (along with a hardrive) what size SDHC card would you all think I should get along with hardrive (500+ is good, 750 is better, more is better). I'll probably run SNEEK, a USB loader, and probably something else that runs WADS or uses WADS.

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump & double post here, but after a month . . . So since I have a Wii running 4.2 and a 16 GB SDHC card. How would I get the NAND backup's to work on the new Wii (useable SD channels).

Does the transfer speed of the SD(HC) card make a difference to SNEEK (probably does), the one I have seems to VERY quick when in the SD menu. I guess I won't send it to Nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LZ_NvaV5HGE?si=p4H94YGObqOeX23X this brought me joy +2