nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after reading: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=43929&st=0

its come to my attention that alot of members here would LOVE to have some sort of merchandise available to purchase and show off their GBAtemp pride!!

Following Options w/ descriptions:

Buy when I want to/ after its made..
just as it says, much like a online store, buy when you want to... If no one buys, then no $ is made.

Buy, then have it made:

I like this option better...I understand that the GBAtemp staff are regular people whom probably are not rich. Making hundreds of T-Shirts would cost alot of money!! They need the money first, then they'll be able to bring out a batch. This lets them cover their butts so they dont lose out on precious $$ if no one buys!

Not that this is going to happen.. but it might work if we show how many people REALLY
want some merchandise!
biggrin.gif

yaynds.gif

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you realize what a hassle it is to bring merchandise like this to a user base for a good price, and also for a price that makes you decent money. Places like CafePress charge exorbitant prices and are really geared toward personal use, not "mass" production. In order to be cost effective the staff would need to find a silk screening company. I'm not sure how much that would cost, but I'm willing to bet it relies heavily on volume. Since you are probably in the minority in willing to actually buy gbatemp merchandise, demand for the stuff would probably be rather low, in terms of volume. This would also jack the price up quite high, 20-30 for a tshirt, for instance. Basically you just need a ton of interest for merchandise to really work. You have a good idea with paying up front, but I dont think too many would be willing to do that.

Sorry to sound so pessimistic, but it just seems like it would be a huge waste of money and time right now.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kyoji- When I first started reading what you were saying, i was kind of
wtf.gif
but after seeing the polling results... Damn..

it was worth a try i suppose..
cry.gif

ghettobob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will say this..If GBAtemp ever comes out with merchandise. Like I said before it will have to look like the header on the website. grey and all modern looking..all over the shirts and stuff.

Well staff, know you will have at least 1 buyer if you make shirts
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2