• Total voters

demoncatursday

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would, Phat is still my favorite model, only have 3DS for better games, I would prefer a limited edition themed after the Phat, but if Hyperkin or someone else made a protective case themed after it I would still buy.

Kenneth196

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably a limited ed. 3DS. I loved the Phat DS but I do like the fact that the 3ds has !ore functionalities (streetpass, mii maker, blah blah) and the carts are larger in size (more gameplay, etc). But the phat DS is definitely one for the books.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nintendo_DS.jpg

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well, as a backup ds for 10-15 bucks, maybe.
but i wouldn't deliberately buy one for much more again.

while the microswitch dpad is wonderful and in retrospect, the start/select buttons were placed very comfortable, the phat had a bunch of problems.

the worst of which is the touchscreen. its so very sensitive, much more so than the lite or 3ds'. even with a protection foil, i ended up scratching the thing eventually. you'll definitely need a solid protection foil.
problem two, the screens themselves. compared to the lite, they're kinda dark and the colors arent very vibrant.
even through an anti-reflection foil (which tend to tone down colors a bit), the ds lite still is worlds brighter than a phat.
its also kinda heavy.
finally, while fingerprints on piano black dslites are a pain, phats don't look that pretty once their colorjob rubs off.

the only thing where the phats seem to excel is their durability, hinges seem to never break (though they get somewhat wobbly eventually) and i'd guess they'd take a fall better than a lite or 3ds

if its a design question... nah.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
I loved that ds with the thumb stylus thing for metroid.

I loved the Mario kart level on the ds too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: The third one ducked. +1