Hacking "Wrong Date or Expired Firmware"

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the R4i Gold Pro (black cartridge, gold sticker, 2014). I receive this message now when I load the cartridge, starting yesterday.

I'm perfectly aware that I could simply change the date on my 3DS, but since I also play games that keep track of time/date (Pokemon for instance) and would rather not micro-manage that everytime I swap. Plus, certain Pokemon features reset their clock if I change mine.

I got my old firmware at r4isdhc.com, but they haven't updated with a non-expired firmware yet. And for some reason, whenever I try Wood (I only put in the _rpg folder and the DS MENU.DAT) I only get the Red SD symbol that says "? Menu".

So, anyone know where I can find a currently-functioning firmware for this card? Or maybe a reason why Wood isn't working for me? I do prefer Wood, had it for my original R4 for the DS Phat.

Rezatron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All the 2014 cards from www.r4isdhc.com are effected by this. You get this message if your system date is September 3 2014 or higher. A new kernel will be released in a few days so keep checking www.r4isdhc.com

PS: these 2014 cards use the same (slightly modified) kernel from www.r4i-sdhc.com I don't think you can get Wood running on them directly

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Last time this happened to a friend of mine (he had the original 3DS R4) there had already been an updated version ready, so it was weird to me that it wasn't already up.

Oh well, I'll just set my 3DS to 2013 while I wait. BN5 won't play itself, afterall.

Edit: And what do you mean directly? Because the interface for Wood is still more intuitive to me, so if I can get anything resembling it I will.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know this is somewhat an old thread...however i have 2 issues.. i have the same cart this user described black cart but says 2014 gold... on the sticker but im having a diffrent issue.. my cart hates games... ok for starters im using 2 diffent 4gb micro sds..have been checked they arent fake i put the kernel on the cart put just super mario 64 on the cart...and went to start it..it made a save then booted the game... THAT WAS THE LAST TIME THIS CART HAS EVER BOOTED A GAME and the first time mind you.. im going a bit insane trying to figure out my problem it seems this cart is dead..because now everytime i try to start a game it will either create a save...and freeze or if it has a save...it just freezes as i click the game... NOW im using this on a 3ds with fw 4.3 and the gateway installer for this cart works just fine and boots...no retail games have sucessfully booted since the one time...can anyone shed any light on this? im ripping my hair out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay