Hacking WUPinstaller (Update/Title installer) - modded to work on 5.4

Kakkoii

Old fart
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From what I understood is that code.bin is 5.4 and code.elf = 5.3.2 true? Can I simply rename your file? :o
The code is supposed to be loaded from within the payload532.php file itself I'm pretty sure, all the code needed is inside the spraycode... I remember someone posted a cygwin script last week that compiles the code532.bin into a proper payload.html file, but I don't have the time to find it right now.

Enaske

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah so the payload532.html has already the code included? So the "Spray" is the actual Code that will be injected?

I saw this Cigwin in Github but dunno how to makefile etc.

dyerseve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you let the console sit? Did you press the Wii U Menu button after the black screen? Everyone else that has been using my version has been having success.
Crediar has yet to update the master build with a fix, and the version in the 5.3.2/5.4 thread is simply a build of that same old master version from a month ago.

Also, make sure you' installing the title update and not the title, sometimes people get the codes mixed up. A title update should have the first part of the Title ID should be 0005000E-

If you try to install something that is not certified for your system, with incompatible keys, it just won't install and won't show any corrupt data or anything.

I'm not sure what I was doing wrong, but I went ahead and tried 1.2 and got absolutely every last game fully updated, so cheers, it works perfectly. Confirmed working with Toad, Nintendo Land, SSBU, Mario Kart 8, Mario Party 10, Pikmin 3. Only one I haven't done is Lego Dimensions, it's 2.55GB yikes, I'll leave it run overnight tonight.

Reactions: Kakkoii

Enaske

Trophies
XP
Country
I will give it a try thanks Kakkoii.

PS: Install Update 1 and after that 2 fixed for me the Problem as well. But gonna give your WUP Installer a try tomorrow.

Brainsick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I was able to successfully get wupinstaller to update SSB for me so my SSB disk with (unfortunately) 5.4 on it can be used for running the SSB mod n games that work better with that method. I am on 5.3.2 spoofed to 5.5.1 and I used the wupinstaller posted on wiibrew. I didn't download the file and host it locally because it mirrors to Crediar's latest version that currently has trouble installing files over 200MB on 5.3.2. However, running wupinstaller via the link on wiibrew's actual site, I had success. I hope this can help someone who reads this. Best of luck to everyone having various issues and thank you to those of you who take the time to reply with good honest help. As I learn more about this console, I hope to become helpful for others. Thanks for your help @Kakkoii

Kakkoii

Old fart
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update: I was able to successfully get wupinstaller to update SSB for me so my SSB disk with (unfortunately) 5.4 on it can be used for running the SSB mod n games that work better with that method. I am on 5.3.2 spoofed to 5.5.1 and I used the wupinstaller posted on wiibrew. I didn't download the file and host it locally because it mirrors to Crediar's latest version that currently has trouble installing files over 200MB on 5.3.2. However, running wupinstaller via the link on wiibrew's actual site, I had success. I hope this can help someone who reads this. Best of luck to everyone having various issues and thank you to those of you who take the time to reply with good honest help. As I learn more about this console, I hope to become helpful for others. Thanks for your help @Kakkoii
Glad to hear it. Yeah the one on WiiUBrew is the older version for 5.3.2 only, from before whoever manages wupinstaller.com recompiled it for the stagefright exploit. So it should work perfect for anyone on 5.3.2.

Brainsick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know where can I get a copy of the WiiUBrew version of wupinstaller for local hosting? Who could I contact to ask to share it?

Last edited by Brainsick,

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
I can't install the latest Splatoon update in 5.4; I've tried with a localhost of your file and with your tinyurl (also, with HBL version and wiii.91wii.com). The update is installed on system memory but when I start the game it requires to update the console to download the update

Kakkoii

Old fart
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't install the latest Splatoon update in 5.4; I've tried with a localhost of your file and with your tinyurl (also, with HBL version and wiii.91wii.com). The update is installed on system memory but when I start the game it requires to update the console to download the update
Have you spoofed your system to 5.5.1?

If yes, then what you're seeing is probably it applying the updating, unless it specifically says it's connect to the internet to check for updates.. Do you have TubeHax set as the DNS on your WiiU?

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Have you spoofed your system to 5.5.1?
If yes, then what you're seeing is probably it applying the updating, unless it specifically says it's connect to the internet to check for updates.. Do you have TubeHax set as the DNS on your WiiU?
Yes, it's spoofed. No, I haven't TubeHax DNS because I have a Vodafone Station 2 and it redirect every DNS to Vodafone's one, if I change the DNS on Wii U it still can download the fw updates (I live in danger every time I play). I was able to install the previous update of Splatoon (and I've installed Hyrule Warriors update without problems). Do you suggest to boot Splatoon without a internet connection and see if it start with updated? I'll try.
edit: I've tried, didn't work

Last edited by EmanueleBGN,

Kakkoii

Old fart
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, it's spoofed. No, I haven't TubeHax DNS because I have a Vodafone Station 2 and it redirect every DNS to Vodafone's one, if I change the DNS on Wii U it still can download the fw updates (I live in danger every time I play). I was able to install the previous update of Splatoon (and I've installed Hyrule Warriors update without problems). Do you suggest to boot Splatoon without a internet connection and see if it start with updated? I'll try.
edit: I've tried, didn't work
If Splatoon doesn't install the update while offline, then it sounds like you may have grabbed the wrong update file or not actually the newest update.

No, your WiiU will not still download firmware updates if you have TubeHax on... It will say "attempting to connect" or something along those lines for a good 20 seconds and then fail and let you boot the games.

Use this site to find the latest update version to download with NUSGrabber.
https://jsfiddle.net/bkr8v63L/2/embedded/result/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Soi soi soi rofl rofl rofl