Hacking X and O switched up on PS2 games - CFW 4.81

niceme.me

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I already made a thread where you guys helped with my issues regarding new system but I got this last one to care of. Whenever I play PS2 via PS3 X and O buttons are switched up, that means pressing X on controller registers as pressing O and opposite. In some games I can change controls (for example Red Faction) but in other its just annoying... I could probably get used to it but I believe theres some fix and Im not first person ever to encounter this bug(?)/weird feature.

It isnt the case in PSX games

sansnumen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your PS3 the Japanese version? Are you trying to play Japanese games? It is well known that in Japan the X and O buttons are swapped so that O means OK and X means cancel.

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

niceme.me

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is your PS3 the Japanese version? Are you trying to play Japanese games? It is well known that in Japan the X and O buttons are swapped so that O means OK and X means cancel.

Its serial is
CECH-2004B
So Im guessing its PAL?

I tried playing Dragon Quest, very much Japanease game, so I guess thats a feature and theres no modders workaround?

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could have sworn there was an OS update that allowed for button mapping.. But then i remembered it was the PS4 #RIP.. The only work around i know is to get a device like the chronos max or something similar that allows button mapping.. Could also look for some kind of modded controller..

RiveaJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If there's not a control scheme option then you're stuck. Dragon Quest is a Japanese game and like sansnumen said a lot of Japanese games use O for confirm and X for cancel. You'll get used to it the more you play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He just says this is the neighbor across the block and says sorry their mail got mixed up
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, this sounds unhinged, but someone (i forgot who) saying they'd want to make their left 4 dead team wario, samus, captain falcon and nester gave me the idea for a quick round of fuck marry kill/bed wed behead
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck marry kill:
    wario, samus, captain falcon
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i gotta say fuck captain falcon, because he's hot (no homo), marry samus, because she seems like good wife (or as BigOnYa says, wifey) material, and kill wario, because he can't die, so killing him won't really kill him
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but uhhh that's just me hehe
    iu
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    good night guys
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, wise one, thanks for trying to help.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can tell by whenever your wife done letting out loud ass moans then I get her a ticket back home
    +1
    @BigOnYa, yeah most places demand clothes and shoes, unless it's some really back water place that I am unaware of lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cool, I got lunch money for tomorrow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 call uremum Sloppenheimer the way she givin me this bomb head
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2 call uremum Sloppenheimer the way she givin me this bomb head