Hardware Xbox 360 Game Title Updates through USB?

shoes23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a fairly large collection of Xbox 360 exclusives (retail discs) and an unmodded Elite console (no network adapter, and not conveniently located near any LAN cables) . A while ago I went through the labor intensive process of connecting the console to live, manually inserting about 80+ game discs into the console and downloading updates from the official Xbox servers to get the latest patches for the games. As many of you know (I didn't know at the time), the title updates are stored in the cache folder and they start overwriting themselves after so many updates are downloaded. So my question is...is it possible to download the updates somewhere online and then install them through the USB ports on the console? I've tried searching and YouTubing, but info either is useless (stating to just connect online to download updates) or outdated (use XTAF). For the sake of not having to disconnect the console periodically to make sure the current game I'm playing has the latest title update, and posterity (actually being able to apply the patches when Xbox eventually removes the patches from their server), any way to do this on an unmodified console? Any help would be appreciated!

Esjay131

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately you cannot. It would've been a nice feature, but I guess they saw it as an attack vector for security.

shoes23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply. Would have at least been nice if they wouldn't have cached title updates and just had them properly save on the hard drive.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It is possible to store TU's on a USB, however it highly prefers the HDD for smaller TU's.
Xboxunity has a nice database of TU's, unmodded consoles can also take advantage of it however, your success may vary depending on what game you try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your sister did