Hacking Xbox 360 Slim help please.

Danny192330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Evening guys, new here and pretty much a noob to 360 modding/hacking. I have just got myself a slim Xbox 360. I would like to play back ups from the net on a hard drive, would like to keep my XBL.

Heard a lot about, flashing, rgh, chipped, etc.

Not sure what is the easiest way for me to achieve what I am after.

Sorry not much info on my end, anything needed let me know.

Cheers.

Dan.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xkey would be the best way if you want to keep xbl. I don't know much about it other than you have to get your drive key first. how you go about that depends on the make/model. you can tell make by the color of the cables if you take off the faceplate; model is often noticeable by the shape of the disc tray when it's out. that will give you an indication of difficulty. some methods are crazy like kamikaze hack, but most aren't too bad. I only have experience with phat drives though, so slims may be different. with the xkey, you can't play xbla, xblig, or dlc if that's a concern to you.

Danny192330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would anyone have a link to an xkey so I can get a rough price? I'm in the UK.

Thanks for the info guys

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And if I didn't want to keep Xbox live and was OK with offline gaming, would it still be the easiest method?

Cheers.

Dan

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
easiest, yes. I don't know how many drives require any soldering, but most shouldn't. if you want to go the rgh route, it would require that, yes. I've only had jtags, no experience with an rgh machine or what's involved.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's likely xkey would be removed from ebay. it's after all a backup/piracy launcher. check a modchip site if possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Cj8n4MfhjUc?si=detAUm1a27hi4uTP