Xbox Game Pass subscription to include all future Xbox exclusives at launch

Microsoft appears to be making their game subscription service, Xbox Game Pass, into more than just a monthly digital rental service. Announced today by Phil Spencer, Xbox's vice president executive, Xbox Game Pass will now include first party Microsoft titles, on launch. This means that future Xbox exclusives will be available to play on launch day, even if you don't own it, so long as you have a subscription. The first of these games to be a part of this initiative will be Sea of Thieves, the upcoming Rare Studios game, with plans to do the same for Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2, and more.

...follow through with State of Decay 2, Crackdown 3, and the rest of our portfolio. Not just those games, but our future Halos, our future Gears of War, future Forzas, and other games. Our plan is to launch those to our Game Pass subscribers at the same time they go to retail.

Xbox Game Pass was revealed back in February 2017, and launched in June of that same year. Currently, the subscription costs $9.99 a month, and allows players access over a hundred Xbox One, Xbox 360, and a handful of original Xbox games. Unlike its competitor PlayStation Now, Xbox Game Pass lets players download the games right to their system and allows them access at any time.

In regards to the company's Play Anywhere initiative, which offers a Windows Store PC copy with a purchase of every digital first party Xbox title, Spencer mentioned that he wants to see customers play their games on both Microsoft platforms, and that while there was no news for PC players at this time, he told fans to "stay tuned" on that front.

Though the Xbox One has lacked first party support in recent times, compared to rivals PlayStation and Nintendo, Phil Spencer tells fans to wait for E3 2018, and that they are focusing on the Xbox brand, and are committed to bringing more first party experiences to Xbox One and PC.

:arrow: Source

DrkBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It makes sense for people that buy games on day one besides of the 20% of all gamepass games, for me it makes me comfortable that I might play those games if I want, in November and January I had a gold and a gamepass subscription for only 3 dollars in total, and the 360 games are mine forever, playing dmc, halo 5, recore and metal gear solid ground zeroes for 1 dollar is fucking amazing

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My post may be a little off-topic but i'd like to point out something that might of slipped here, Phil Spencer states multiple Halo's & multiple Forza's BUT only states a single upcoming Gears of War game!?
Maybe "Gears of Wars" just sounds weird since Gears is already plural.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So if I get this right:

I pay 10 dollars per month I will get all the newest games for as long as I pay... How can this be profitable?
Newest games are not included then? How long will it take for them to be added?

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So if I get this right:

I pay 10 dollars per month I will get all the newest games for as long as I pay... How can this be profitable?
Newest games are not included then? How long will it take for them to be added?

Newest xbox one exclusive games. And they are about a rare as hens teeth. But still, it's pretty amazing deal for when they are released.

As someone who has owned a ps4 since launch and had been eyeing off the xbox with interest, this has finally given me the push I need to get back into the xbox scene.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Xbox Game Pass can only be used on Xbox One consoles.... weak no PC even on cross play titles

Nope

You can play on PC any games that are labeled "Play Anywhere". I beat Recore on Windows 10 through game pass free trial fyi.

Same goes for other play anywhere titles such as Gears of War 4.

Reactions: DrkBeam

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Xbox Game Pass can only be used on Xbox One consoles.... weak no PC even on cross play titles

Nope

You can play on PC any games that are labeled "Play Anywhere". I beat Recore on Windows 10 through game pass free trial fyi.

Same goes for other play anywhere titles such as Gears of War 4.
SOOOO Xbox has finally added a reason to cannibalize its console? well, that's new. but well... first party first, right? let's see how it rolls on the long term.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SOOOO Xbox has finally added a reason to cannibalize its console? well, that's new. but well... first party first, right? let's see how it rolls on the long term.

IMHO Microsoft probably got enough user data to support their decisions and aim for what they actually want : profit. I don't know the details behind their decision making process but I guess they are more based on actual consumer habits and number charts than common sense.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyhow if it looks too pro-consumer on their part, as a lot of steps they are taking lately are, I see no reason to complain since I don't hold Microsoft stock and I guess most of the people worried about don't also. I know for sure I'll be getting game pass for sea of thieves as of right now I don't see a reason to subscribe since I already purchased all games in it that could interest me.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i have a doubt: if i ever decide to get a 3 mouth subs, will i get all GOWs, halo and other M$'s exclusive on both x1 and pc??

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i have a doubt: if i ever decide to get a 3 mouth subs, will i get all GOWs, halo and other M$'s exclusive on both x1 and pc??

You get access to games which are labeled "Play Anywhere". If Resident Evil 7 makes its way to game pass, you'll be able to play it on Windows 10 on your microsoft account.

Reactions: leon315 and Xabring

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
well, if that's the case then I'll join the party whenever the fancy strikes.
You get access to games which are labeled "Play Anywhere". If Resident Evil 7 makes its way to game pass, you'll be able to play it on Windows 10 on your microsoft account.
I spend most of my time in front of computers at the job anyway so, I'll do it while I am at it.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If there some games which have online competitive mode, do you also have to sub separately to xbox GOLD too? Or is it free on Pc??

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
many stores across the planet are saying they will not stock any first and second party titles made available through the game pass day now. Also many have decided to stop selling the microsoft cash cards. they are all saying microsoft is killing the second hand bussiness and have now little reason to promote microsoft systems. Seems to me these stores are just very salty and want microsoft to look like bad guys. None of them have inknowleged the fact, the titles are only staying in the game pass for 90 days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/d7mkQP8