Xbox Game Pass to eventually bring service over for PC gamers

IMG_2081.PNG

Currently, if you own an Xbox One console and subscribe to Microsoft’s Game Pass service, you can download certain first party titles and play them on PC as well as Xbox. For now, only games like State of Decay, Sea of Thieves, Forza Horizon 4, or other first party games are available through this method, but according to a comment from CEO Satya Nadella, that’ll change in the near future. During a quarterly earnings report, Nadella reported that Xbox needs to strengthen its focus on its community and brand, and that, “bringing Game Pass to PC is going to be a big element of that”, stating that there are definite plans to offer a full Game Pass service for PC gamers. Finer details such as if players would need to have a separate subscription, or what games would be offered were not mentioned, but at this point, we can be certain that with the success of Game Pass on Xbox, it’s only a matter of time until we see it on PC as well.

:arrow: Source: Transcribed Earnings Report

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
Why not? They're trying to broaden their service. There are some decent exclusives that I would like to play on PC. Then again this all depends on if we need a Xbone system and which titles will be offered with the service.
That's why I asked why

It requires you to be owning an Xbox One console

If you already own one, why aren't you playing the games on the console?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But... why?

"Here's a service that let's you play your Xbox One games on your PC, but only if you own a console, so we're bringing you one step closer to just ditching that console to the corner of the room and occasionally checking that it's still alive."

Um. What? Gamepass doesn't require that you own an xbox. It just benefits you on both PC and Xbone. Windows 10 is integrated with xbox live by default, and the Microsoft Store is where you find the gamepass.

The simple answer of "why", is that it'll pull in people on PC to grab a slice of that pie. It'll likely cannibalize itself a bit, but really in the end it's more money in their pocket regardless. It makes a mountain of sense to expand your market to reach as far as possible.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
If I could play the Halo MCC on PC natively, I would totally use Game Pass TBH. There are few other Xbone exclusives I could be bothered to play, but Halo will always hold a "special place" in my heart for all the years of fun multiplayer it gave me, and having the MCC on PC would give me a chance to play some of the classics (and not so classics) with old friends again.

Kinda doubt it'd happen like that though, I imagine Game Pass's library would just extend to more PC MS titles than anything.

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
Um. What? Gamepass doesn't require that you own an xbox. It just benefits you on both PC and Xbone. Windows 10 is integrated with xbox live by default, and the Microsoft Store is where you find the gamepass.

The simple answer of "why", is that it'll pull in people on PC to grab a slice of that pie. It'll likely cannibalize itself a bit, but really in the end it's more money in their pocket regardless. It makes a mountain of sense to expand your market to reach as far as possible.
Uggghhhhh I could have saved myself looking like an idiot if I read more thoroughly. Didn't realize that the paragraph was stating how things are currently, and then talked about what they're planning. Don't mind me, I'll be way in the corner.

Reactions: phonz
D

Deleted User

They might as well have called it the "Halo Streaming Service," because those are literally the only games Xbox One has that PC doesn't. Even more useless than PSNow.
older forza games, sunset overdrive

now the real question, are these gonna be actual ports? some emulation/translation layer? or streamed? hopefully not streamed.

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be cool if they combined both game pass on xbox one and pc together. This way I can get free pc, and xbox one games at the same time

Steel-Winged_Pegasus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, this might be something of slight interest to me. I have a Windows 10 gaming laptop, but I really have no interest in getting an Xbox One console. Of course, it all depends on the games coming, so I guess I'll wait and see if it'll be worth it for me. Might mean I finally get a chance to check out the Halo series.

NeroAngelo

Clueless Importer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
If I could play the Halo MCC on PC natively, I would totally use Game Pass TBH. There are few other Xbone exclusives I could be bothered to play, but Halo will always hold a "special place" in my heart for all the years of fun multiplayer it gave me, and having the MCC on PC would give me a chance to play some of the classics (and not so classics) with old friends again.

Kinda doubt it'd happen like that though, I imagine Game Pass's library would just extend to more PC MS titles than anything.

I think the value is in the Price vs. Content, for 10euros a month getting access even to those limited exclusives is still great value.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It would be cool if they combined both game pass on xbox one and pc together. This way I can get free pc, and xbox one games at the same time
wait, that isn't the case?! I was always under the assumption they are one service, one subscription ... :wtf:

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Always been a PC/Nintendo family and the only thing my kids have ever lamented they don’t have is Halo and I am not getting a whole console for just a couple of games. Maybe a 6 month sub for Xmas is in order.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i think i might need to try making lava cakes for the 4th of july fr +2