Xbox Games Showcase July 23 - roundup - new Fable confirmed

xfvjQ6N.png

The big day for Xbox is here. Microsoft is gearing up to showcase what players can expect to see on the upcoming Xbox console--the Xbox Series X--when it launches later this year and brings us into a new gaming generation. We'll be seeing first-party games, including Halo Infinite, so be sure to check the show out when it goes live at 9am PT/12pm ET/5pm BST. As always, if you can't tune in, or you'd rather see the highlights, we'll be covering the event live, so you can easily keep up to date on all the important announcements and reveals.

:arrow: Watch on Twitch

Here we go. A new teaser for Halo Infinite shows it takes place in 2560. Holiday 2020 launch still. Gameplay shown as well. This is our first look at the campaign. This world is larger than both Halo 4 and 5's combined. "Flawless 60fps". Multiplayer will be seen in the future.

State of Decay 3 announced. Zombie deer.

9 out of 15 first party studios will show games today.

Game Pass members will play any game they see today when they launch.

The new Forza Motorsport is in development. Gameplay will run at 60fps.

Rare is up now. Cinematic trailer for Everwild.

Dontnod's trailer gives us a better look at the story for Tell Me Why. August 27th launch for the first episode.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps is coming to Xbox Series X and will run at 120fps and low input latency.

The Outer Worlds gets some DLC. Peril on Gorgon launches September 9th.

Obsidian's Grounded launches July 28.

Obsidian also has a new game they're working on. An RPG. Avowed is their new first-person RPG game, with magic elements. The developers wanted to create this game but needed Xbox's help to fund it. This is their dream project.

Interior/Night is a new developer working for Xbox, working on an interactive drama. As Dusk Falls is the name.

Ninja Theory. The next Hellblade game is set in Iceland.

Psychonauts 2. Jack Black is singing the theme for the game.

Destiny 2 is coming to Xbox Series X. Game Pass users get the game's expansions. Beyond Light expansion launches November 10.

Stalker 2 revealed.

Console launch exclusive. Warhammer Darktide. Launches 2021.

Another console launch exclusive. Something Tetris. Tetris Effect Connected, has a new multiplayer mode.

Yet another console launch exclusive. Steamworld devs. The Gunk. It's a 3D exploration game.

Bloober Team. Console launch exclusive. Horror game. There are two realities at once that you can see. One is normal, one is horror. The Medium.

SEGA. Phantasy Star. A brand new world. Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis. 2021.

CrossfireX shows off its campaign.

Xbox has more to share leading up to their launch.

Last reveal. Playground Games. Nature and magic live in harmony in the latest Fable game. Finally confirmed.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah cuz God of war and Rachet are breaking new grounds
Dude, chillax. You've apparently lived long enough to experience the beginnings of Nintendo, Sega, Playstation and Xbox. There's no reason to side with only one.

Reactions: Xzi

Nostalgia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dude, chillax. You've apparently lived long enough to experience the beginnings of Nintendo, Sega, Playstation and Xbox. There's no reason to siding with only one.
There is tho.

Microsoft is the only one i trust in the digital future.

Microsoft and Valve.

Sony and Nintendo stuck in the past.

Don't expect to play your digital PS or Nintendo games in 10 years.

Last edited by Nostalgia,
Reactions: Zense

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was always skeptical about this 'also playable on Xbox One' bollocks, but I did hear PC gamers going on about how it works there, yadda yadda yadda.... and now we've seen Halo Infinite... Clearly I was right to be skeptical then: no point having the most powerful machine in the world when there's nothing on it to prove that - I'd say at least half of what we saw in the PS5 showcase looked better than that, and that's your flagship title MS??

Fable tho... at least it's real. And Playground Games. Series X/PC only though? And Phil Spencer said all 1st party games also playable on Xbox One for the forseeable? Won't be seing that for a couple of years then: my Series X interest is waning here guys...
I mean the interest in upgrading to the Series X should be if you want the better graphics and performance. Like imagine Halo Infinite plays at 900p 30fps on Xbox One and then on Series X you get 4k 60fps with all the extra effects like ray tracing. If you're okay with that then as you said there's no reason to upgrade. I'd say it's nice you have the possibility to wait and see. Heck most people probably don't have 4K TVs.

Also note that I just invented those numbers.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There is tho.

Microsoft and Valve.

Gotta agree with Nintendo being ass when it comes to letting you play games bought on previous systems on the latest, or in other words having an account and library like the different storefronts on pc like Valve and GOG.

As a matter of fact my biggest interest with Xbox this gen is to see where they go with their great backwards compatibility and rereleasing of older titles.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
only 1/3 US households have 4k tv
Do you have a source to that? Not because I doubt it being true.

Still I'd imagine this and next year being a shift over to 4k for the majority, depending on how people's economies turn out of course.

Last edited by Zense,

Nostalgia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
only 1/3 US households have 4k tv
I'd assume there's a reputable source for this statistic?

Edit: I see the above. A projection is usually wrong. You can get 4k tvs for as low as $200 in most sales these days. I know quite a few people with 4ks but that's anecdotal.

Last edited by Kioku,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if this is true anymore... I mean, 4K TVs have been quite common for 5 years already.
Yeah they were already down to $500 or less in 2016 when I got mine. I imagine by now it's one of those "eh why not" features given the minimal mark-up, kinda like the integration of "smart" functionality was before it.

Not to mention how common 1440p displays have become for PCs. There's a good reason why higher resolutions are being marketed for both PS5 and XBSX, support for 1080p hasn't been impressive since PS3/X360.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah they were already down to $500 or less in 2016 when I got mine. I imagine by now it's one of those "eh why not" features given the minimal mark-up, kinda like the integration of "smart" functionality was before it.

Not to mention how common 1440p displays have become for PCs. There's a good reason why higher resolutions are being marketed for both PS5 and XBSX, support for 1080p hasn't been impressive since PS3/X360.
I seem to remember most games from that era to be 720p anyways :rofl:

Bought my first 4K tv last week. I was more stoked about it having freesync and 120hz 1080p though.

Reactions: Xzi

MachRc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know whats crazy possibe

whether we like it or not. The series x is gonna' be sold out.

Even the ps5, I doubt we will be able to waltz in and purchase one. Get ready to f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5
Or run scripts when they open them pre order pages.

It may be impossible to get hands on these premium entertainment products

Especially now-a-days when you cant even go out best buy and get a regular Xbone because everything seems sold out.

L ol an regular xbone is like 399 on walmart when last year they were just getting rid of them for cheap on black Friday.

Good luck to you sir. You too , in finding one hopefully we are all early adopters and get in

Because I hate the fear of missing out.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Nostalgia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You know whats crazy possibe

whether we like it or not. The series x is gonna' be sold out.

Even the ps5, I doubt we will be able to waltz in and purchase one. Get ready to f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5
Or run scripts when they open them pre order pages.

It may be impossible to get hands on these premium entertainment products

Especially now-a-days when you cant even go out best buy and get a regular Xbone because everything seems sold out.

L ol an regular xbone is like 399 on walmart when last year they were just getting rid of them for cheap on black Friday.

Good luck to you sir. You too , in finding one hopefully we are all early adopters and get in

Because I hate the fear of missing out.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
ya i predict both consoles will sell out

c19 will have major effect on launch units

sawao_yama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is tho.

Microsoft and Valve.

then you go with you Microsoft drivel. PlayStation and Nintendo have shown more, read actual gameplay, during their showings. So stop it with your fanboy bs. Clearly you are an Xbox fanboy.

Nostalgia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
then you go with you Microsoft drivel. PlayStation and Nintendo have shown more, read actual gameplay, during their showings. So stop it with your fanboy bs. Clearly you are an Xbox fanboy.
lol i hit a nerve

I mean the interest in upgrading to the Series X should be if you want the better graphics and performance. Like imagine Halo Infinite plays at 900p 30fps on Xbox One and then on Series X you get 4k 60fps with all the extra effects like ray tracing. If you're okay with that then as you said there's no reason to upgrade. I'd say it's nice you have the possibility to wait and see. Heck most people probably don't have 4K TVs.

Also note that I just invented those numbers.

Gotta agree with Nintendo being ass when it comes to letting you play games bought on previous systems on the latest, or in other words having an account and library like the different storefronts on pc like Valve and GOG.

As a matter of fact my biggest interest with Xbox this gen is to see where they go with their great backwards compatibility and rereleasing of older titles.
Ya i don't trust anything digital from Sony or Nintendo which is why both have a CFW for me.

Xbox or Steam.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ya i don't trust anything digital from Sony or Nintendo which is why both have a CFW for me.

Xbox or Steam.
IMO the only reason to buy ANY modern console is physical game releases, or to be even more specific, exclusive physical game releases (which Xbox does not have). If the focus is put on digital games, PC is the uncontested winner given mods, individual component upgrades, free online play, backwards compatibility all the way to DOS, etc etc. Anybody with a decent gaming rig has no reason to buy XB1 or XBSX, but to Microsoft's credit, they understand this and have positioned themselves so that they profit either way.

Reactions: Deleted User

Nostalgia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IMO the only reason to buy ANY modern console is physical game releases, or to be even more specific, exclusive physical game releases (which Xbox does not have). If the focus is put on digital games, PC is the uncontested winner given mods, individual component upgrades, free online play, backwards compatibility all the way to DOS, etc etc. Anybody with a decent gaming rig has no reason to buy XB1 or XBSX, but to Microsoft's credit, they understand this and have positioned themselves so that they profit either way.
or you know cuz i (and millions others) dont have any interest in gaming on pc and i prefer the xbox/console ecosystem

i go xbox because it is a PC without the headaches.

thiss whole there is no point of a console! thing is hilarious to me in real life PC players are so fucking niche lmao

Last edited by Nostalgia,
Reactions: Gon Freecss

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
i go xbox because it is a PC without the headaches.
Also without half the features or any purpose outside of gaming. Plus ads on the home screen.

in real life PC players are so fucking niche lmao
Steam has over one billion registered accounts, at least 90 million of which are active. Switch overtook XB1's lifetime sales just two years after release. If ever there were a group which should be considered "niche" at the moment, it's hardcore Xbox fanboys like you. Even Microsoft themselves know better than to go all-in on their floundering console division.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: AlexMCS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...