Gaming xbox one jailbreaking or rootting very soon?

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not to mention that the Xbox One OS gets radically updated every year or so, so any hacks would be unlikely to survive and would force you to stay on an obsolete and crippled version.

D

Deleted-351540

I'm OK with Dev mode for now. When the Xbox One/S hits EoL, then I might think about a backup loader to preserve the lens/laser and my discs.

That is why my Wii, PS2, and PSP are all softmodded.

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: lexarvn

Flux0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually there's a fall update coming that gives us access to six cores (not shared), 5GB of ram, and full DX12 GPU. It's gonna be lit.
https://blogs.windows.com/buildinga...-windows-platform-games-fall-xbox-one-update/

One of the first thoughts I had after the shock of them fully opening up dev mode to be on par with retail games is how this makes a jailbreak even less likely now. No reason to try and hack the system for more resources when you already have that without any of the risks.

wiired24

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the first thoughts I had after the shock of them fully opening up dev mode to be on par with retail games is how this makes a jailbreak even less likely now. No reason to try and hack the system for more resources when you already have that without any of the risks.

If you think about it Dolphin coming to Xbox One via RetriX and actually performing decently on the Xbox One is now a real possibility due to the increased resources. Dolphin is already part of libretro

Last edited by wiired24,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A used game is already a sale, a pirated game is no sale.
I'm not here to debate used games vs piracy tho.
Neither are a sale to the company.The concept that it's a stolen sale is not something that holds water if you're perfectly okay with buying used games. It makes *you* feel nice because it's legal and accepted practice, but it's the exact same for the company as far as numbers. Same as borrowing a game from a friend.

You want to support a company? Buy new. Otherwise shush about piracy being bad for a company but used is perfectly fine. There are different, better, arguments against piracy.

Last edited by osaka35,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Neither are a sale to the company. There are different arguments against piracy. The concept that it's a stolen sale is not something that holds water, especially if you buy used. It makes *you* feel nice because it's easily legal, but it's the exact same for the company as far as numbers. You want to support a company? Buy new. Otherwise shush about piracy being bad for a company but used not.

Piracy is not only illegal, it's also morally wrong.

You could say the same about buying a second hand car.
That should also be shamed upon as car manufacturers don't get shit from it.
Food at the grocery store is technically also second hand.
The farmer already had his cut from the distributors buying their stock.

Saying used item sales are bad and comparing it with piracy is pointless.
A used game already has been sold once so the developers already had their share.
It reduces e-waste and allows game stores to survive as well.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

A used game already has been sold once so the developers already had their share.
Who said used games are bad besides you. XD Which is why I'm saying it's silly. don't get angry when I point it out. Say you grow your own veggies or don't buy them, or just steal half your friend's food when they cook it. the farmer really doesn't care. The store doesn't care. Their profits remain exactly the same, and are completely unaware you are even playing the game. You say it's pointless, I say it's accurate.

You buy a used game and *you* don't support the company at all. You download a game and *you* don't support the company at all. You borrow a friend's game and *you* don't support the company at all. If your argument is pirating is morally wrong because it means the company loses out on a sale, guess what. same thing happens when you just borrow or buy used. it's morally equivalent *as far as your personal relationship with the company is concerned*. Used games are equivalent to piracy as far as the "support the company!" argument goes. That is to say, perfectly fine.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I think you're the only one on here that thinks piracy is morally wrong.
Almost everyone with some computer knowledge pirates, it's become so common that no one even bats an eye.
Now, if you pirate a game from a small indie dev that's barely making ends meet, that's morally questionable. But pirating from a big company that won't even notice the combined difference in sales from everyone that pirates? Not so much.

wiired24

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you're the only one on here that thinks piracy is morally wrong.
Almost everyone with some computer knowledge pirates, it's become so common that no one even bats an eye.
Now, if you pirate a game from a small indie dev that's barely making ends meet, that's morally questionable. But pirating from a big company that won't even notice the combined difference in sales from everyone that pirates? Not so much.

Piracy is piracy and it always wrong whether it's a small studio or AAA studio. Just like theft Is theft whether you steal from a friend or from a corporate retail chain. If you wanna support a company with YOUR money then buy new. Used games are fine also because someone has already bought that game new at some point therefore contributing to the economy and the industry.

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Piracy is piracy and it always wrong whether it's a small studio or AAA studio. Just like theft Is theft whether you steal from a friend or from a corporate retail chain. If you wanna support a company with YOUR money then buy new. Used games are fine also because someone has already bought that game new at some point therefore contributing to the economy and the industry.

Agreed, but so many people around here turn a blind eye to piracy. But it someone stole from them, and money or a item it would then be a different story.

Reactions: wiired24

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe