Hacking Xci files & ignoring firmware version with SX OS

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know what you guys are doing, but every new major game that has recently came out has been downgraded/working on my end.
If your trying to play the game with the latest update then the update itself needs to be downgraded not the base game
If your trying to patch an Eshop game then thats the problem since Eshop exclusive games will be hard-coded to 12.X.XFW+ which means not downgradable

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know what you guys are doing, but every new major game that has recently came out has been downgraded/working on my end.
If your trying to play the game with the latest update then the update itself needs to be downgraded not the base game
If your trying to patch an Eshop game then thats the problem since Eshop exclusive games will be hard-coded to 12.X.XFW+ which means not downgradable
So far there are a handful of cart games that are SDK12 that will never work on sxos and still a good chunk of Eshop games on 11 but all games in development right now will be 12 or higher. I would say about 40% of eshop games are 12 sdk now

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far there are a handful of cart games that are SDK12 that will never work on sxos and still a good chunk of Eshop games on 11 but all games in development right now will be 12 or higher. I would say about 40% of eshop games are 12 sdk now
I haven't ran across any non-patchable SDK12 carts yet not even last year, so I cant confirm that, hell ive been patching SDK13 carts now, but AAA games and exclusive switch 1st party titles are still being down-gradable for me. I always patch their respective updates if they are available. But yes Eshop games will require higher FW for sure. Having the latest prod.keys is important aswell which ppl can forget to update when trying to play a new title.

Attachments

• 2022012115174680.png
    2022012115174680.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 120
Last edited by MasterJ360,

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't ran across any non-patchable SDK12 carts yet not even last year, so I cant confirm that, hell ive been patching SDK13 carts now, but AAA games and exclusive switch 1st party titles are still being down-gradable for me. I always patch their respective updates if they are available. But yes Eshop games will require higher FW for sure. Having the latest prod.keys is important aswell which ppl can forget to update when trying to play a new title.
I’ll check when I get home but there were a chunk of cart rips that were sdk 12 that will never boot on sxos. Nothing first party Nintendo though which is good (except the superstars update which was built on 12). Eshop is hit or miss. Remember, doesn’t matter what the key is, it’s the SDK. SXOS will not boot SDK12+ nomatter what the key is. There was an Eshop game last year that was key 11 but FW12 that really was odd to me but nomatter what sxos would not boot it.

There are also misreported SDKs as well. For example, Vigil and the update will not boot on sxos even though it’s reported key 10 and SDK 10. Just the odd ones here and there but sxos is dead and all new cart games in currently development have zero change of booting on SXOS when they come out

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ll check when I get home but there were a chunk of cart rips that were sdk 12 that will never boot on sxos. Nothing first party Nintendo though which is good (except the superstars update which was built on 12). Eshop is hit or miss. Remember, doesn’t matter what the key is, it’s the SDK. SXOS will not boot SDK12+ nomatter what the key is. There was an Eshop game last year that was key 11 but FW12 that really was odd to me but nomatter what sxos would not boot it.

There are also misreported SDKs as well. For example, Vigil and the update will not boot on sxos even though it’s reported key 10 and SDK 10. Just the odd ones here and there but sxos is dead and all new cart games in currently development have zero change of booting on SXOS when they come out
I know how SDK works Ive been patching games ever since the Firmware structure changed after the 6.02fw, which was the first time SDKs became a problem. Im just stating based on my experience none of the recent game carts (XCI) have gave me any troubles patched. Sxos is dead in support terms, but thats not going to stop me patching games despite the fact I have an Atmosphere Switch. Its genuinely b/c I rather have a collection of xci's on my Ex HDD.
Just so we are on the same page here yes I even include the latest update(patched) & DLC packed into the game cart and they still work on 11.0.

Majority of former sxos users switched to Atmosphere b/c they don't even know downgrading is possible and most of them haven't even touched their switch since 2018. So I just stay quiet about it unless they are looking for ways to achieve that ability. Sure the SDKs will matter in the future, but for now the sxos is still very much usable enough for downgrades or as a separate nand.

Last edited by MasterJ360,
Reactions: Purple_Shyguy

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know how SDK works Ive been patching games ever since the Firmware structure changed after the 6.02fw, which was the first time SDKs became a problem. Im just stating based on my experience none of the recent game carts (XCI) have gave me any troubles patched. Sxos is dead in support terms, but thats not going to stop me patching games despite the fact I have an Atmosphere Switch. Its genuinely b/c I rather have a collection of xci's on my Ex HDD.
Just so we are on the same page here yes I even include the latest update(patched) & DLC packed into the game cart and they still work on 11.0.

Majority of former sxos users switched to Atmosphere b/c they don't even know downgrading is possible and most of them haven't even touched their switch since 2018. So I just stay quiet about it unless they are looking for ways to achieve that ability. Sure the SDKs will matter in the future, but for now the sxos is still very much usable enough for downgrades or as a separate nand.
Totally agree. I wrote a program that uses switcharmyknife to batch convert my base XCIs into super XCIs with updates and patches. 7tb of super XCIs lol. I feel xci is superior to nsp in every way due to usb loading! Just these darn recent games that we 12 and over. You can bet BOTW2 is going to be a higher FW but you are right. Not a single first party game is FW 12 yet!

Reactions: Purple_Shyguy

sh2dc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hi I got windows server cloud 2012 with all the nsz nsp those unable to boot on old sx os.

I will pay you money to make a "example" video by use bandicam record step by step guide about how to patch all the newest 3rd part game to 10-11.0 firmware
So I can learn myself

Game List is:

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I got windows server cloud 2012 with all the nsz nsp those unable to boot on old sx os.

I will pay you money to make a "example" video by use bandicam record step by step guide about how to patch all the newest 3rd part game to 10-11.0 firmware
So I can learn myself

Game List is:
not possible unless the game was build with sdk 11.x or lower , most if not all current and upcoming eshop games are using sdk 12 or sdk13 not patchable for sx os

sh2dc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tails of iron

Carrion

Murder House

Stranded deep ( update with patch then unable to boot )

Daying light ( base maybe work but if you do update it will unable to boot )

Just record dying light ( with 3rd patch ) and murder house ( base game )

So I can learn everything I need

Thank you
Pay $15 amazon.com card is it cool?

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Tails of iron

Carrion

Murder House

Stranded deep ( update with patch then unable to boot )

Daying light ( base maybe work but if you do update it will unable to boot )

Just record dying light ( with 3rd patch ) and murder house ( base game )

So I can learn everything I need

Thank you
Pay $15 amazon.com card is it cool?
check the sdk version of the game with xci explorer, if sdk 12 or 13 then no luck

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country

That's nuts. I was under the impression they COULDN'T be patched. That's why those "sites" stopped uploading patched versions.

Is there a guide to patch the games ourselves. I'd rather stick with SXOS as much as possible. HDD loading is so much more convenient.

Sunnyboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's nuts. I was under the impression they COULDN'T be patched. That's why those "sites" stopped uploading patched versions.

Is there a guide to patch the games ourselves. I'd rather stick with SXOS as much as possible. HDD loading is so much more convenient.
Yeah the site I usually go to probably the same one your talking about used to support patched games, but stopped mainly b/c it seemed like a waste of time to them since most ppl use Atmosphere. But yeah patching games/updates is very ez and self explanatory. The SAK tool itself will have options for you to choose. So basically if you have a new game that has an update.
1. choose - patch (nsp) select the nsp update and start. It will then create a separate nsp update file thats patched
2. choose - update (xci) select the xci then select the patched nsp update and any DLC for that game they do not need to be patched. Then hit start and it will create a new patached xci with the latest update and DLC all bundled into it
. You just need the 13.2.X key as Sunnyboy stated
If a new game(mainly leaks) doesnt have an update then you just patch the xci instead

Reactions: ManitoCC

MacuCo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was doing that with 10.2 but its not working with newer games. Can someone link me a tutorial for updating to 11.0?

My switch is a Mariko, the tutorials Im finding are all the same and focused on Erista.

I didnt change to Atmos yet because I use a HDD to play my games

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was doing that with 10.2 but its not working with newer games. Can someone link me a tutorial for updating to 11.0?

My switch is a Mariko, the tutorials Im finding are all the same and focused on Erista.

I didnt change to Atmos yet because I use a HDD to play my games
You just use Daybreak. Not everything needs a tutorial.

Reactions: MacuCo

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah the site I usually go to probably the same one your talking about used to support patched games, but stopped mainly b/c it seemed like a waste of time to them since most ppl use Atmosphere. But yeah patching games/updates is very ez and self explanatory. The SAK tool itself will have options for you to choose. So basically if you have a new game that has an update.
1. choose - patch (nsp) select the nsp update and start. It will then create a separate nsp update file thats patched
2. choose - update (xci) select the xci then select the patched nsp update and any DLC for that game they do not need to be patched. Then hit start and it will create a new patached xci with the latest update and DLC all bundled into it
. You just need the 13.2.X key as Sunnyboy stated
If a new game(mainly leaks) doesnt have an update then you just patch the xci instead

An eshop game, even one built on a lower SDK, cant be patched, right?

I want to play eshop game Dusk. It was built on 11 SDK but requires FW 12.0. Patching it wont work? Only .xci?

Damn that sucks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shy: uh, went out the door, owner saw me. FORGOT MY CLOTHES :tpi::rofl2::blush: +1