Hacking Xecuter SX Pro, Atmosphere, or Fusee Gelee?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True. I think they said they'll look into emunand anyways so I suppose you could get updates from an unhacked emu or sysnand if nothing else? Provided you don't somehow get banned for going on with either. I'm not sure whether you'd go unbanned or not. Hmm I guess we'll see an FBI like program for the switch maybe then? I mean tx has a cfw of their own so I'd hope it's not unrealistic to expect one day, or one for atmosphere whenever it comes out.
Going online with any hacks will always run the risk of getting banned. Of course numerous people weren't banned on the 3DS for running whatever hacks they wanted while some were (outside of those who played Sun/Moon early). It seems that the Switch is designed to send more data to Nintendo than the 3DS so its possible we may see more bans comparatively. Even TX can't guarantee being ban-free which is ironic since they suggest you to be on the latest firmware because their exploit will work on all firmwares. With EmuNAND, we can enjoy being online without using hacks as it'll allow us to regulate hacking on SysNAND provided we never connect SysNAND to the Internet. Also, a title manger like FBI is exactly how I expect something on the Switch to be incorporated. I guess it'll be a race between who will get it implemented first, TX or Atmosphere. I'm hoping Atmosphere because I don't wanna pay to pirate (ironic considering I was and still am a Gateway user).

Reactions: Skylinedeadline

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going online with any hacks will always run the risk of getting banned. Of course numerous people weren't banned on the 3DS for running whatever hacks they wanted while some were (outside of those who played Sun/Moon early). It seems that the Switch is designed to send more data to Nintendo than the 3DS so its possible we may see more bans comparatively. Even TX can't guarantee being ban-free which is ironic since they suggest you to be on the latest firmware because their exploit will work on all firmwares. With EmuNAND, we can enjoy being online without using hacks as it'll allow us to regulate hacking on SysNAND provided we never connect SysNAND to the Internet. Also, a title manger like FBI is exactly how I expect something on the Switch to be incorporated. I guess it'll be a race between who will get it implemented first, TX or Atmosphere. I'm hoping Atmosphere because I don't wanna pay to pirate (ironic considering I was and still am a Gateway user).
I'm still not sure how that will go over, the using an updated emunand part while sys stays lower fw. Would we still be able to play "backups" of games requiring higher fw on that sys with cfw? Otherwise you'd be using backups on the emunand and get banned probably either way. But I guess time will tell and I'm just not understanding the stuff. I just want the dongle mostly a nice portable payload loader is good enough then whoever has the best features use that payload. Win win.

Reactions: Draxzelex

CaptainLoozer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't really want to pay either but I went ahead and bought TX's solution simply because they were the first to offer a solution that included supported piracy as well as the fact that I'm getting something physical that is currently more convenient that any other solution available to me (I don't have an android phone). Especially if they come out with a way to USB load backups, I'll be a great purchase. Even if Atmosphere catches up later with 3rd party forks, I can still use my dongle to load custom payloads. The price they're asking is cheaper than a single game so I could justify the purchase.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still not sure how that will go over, the using an updated emunand part while sys stays lower fw. Would we still be able to play "backups" of games requiring higher fw on that sys with cfw? Otherwise you'd be using backups on the emunand and get banned probably either way. But I guess time will tell and I'm just not understanding the stuff. I just want the dongle mostly a nice portable payload loader is good enough then whoever has the best features use that payload. Win win.
It would require a spoofer of sorts, one that neither TX nor ReSwitched have advertised for their respective CFWs. EmuNAND without a spoofer does make it harder to play backups on SysNAND. I personally don't mind taking the risk playing backups using EmuNAND. But you are right that Atmosphere at the moment does need a way to play games regardless of their firmware requirements. TX doesn't have to worry about that since they aren't implementing EmuNAND but they risk banning their customers for using their CFW if they want to play online.

I don't really want to pay either but I went ahead and bought TX's solution simply because they were the first to offer a solution that included supported piracy as well as the fact that I'm getting something physical that is currently more convenient that any other solution available to me (I don't have an android phone). Especially if they come out with a way to USB load backups, I'll be a great purchase. Even if Atmosphere catches up later with 3rd party forks, I can still use my dongle to load custom payloads. The price they're asking is cheaper than a single game so I could justify the purchase.
Nothing wrong with buying TX's product. Even I have to admit its designed pretty well and the dongle means you don't need another device to utilize hacks on your Switch. Plus, it'll be a waiting game for piracy with Atmosphere. It could be done the day after release or a year. Really, its anybody's guess how long it will take to implement a backup launcher in Atmosphere.

Reactions: Mark2333

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof