Hacking Xecuter SX Pro, Atmosphere, or Fusee Gelee?

Shine Lamont

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm reading a bunch on Xecuter SX Pro, Atmosphere and Fusee Gelee. If I want to pretty much pirate Switch games, would it be easier to just buy the Xecuter SX Pro? It pretty much works like a flashcart where you drop games on an SD card and put it in there and plug it in the Switch, right? What's the difference between Atmosphere and Fusee Gelee? They both have a lot of potential it seems.

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want early piracy and don't mind spending 45 or so dollars get the sx pro. You can use the dongle with other cfw payloads presumably later anyways. Atmosphere could release before or not too long after sx but it probably won't have piracy at first. Could also simply wait for the potential that sx gets cracked if you don't care about the dongle part.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Shine Lamont

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
atmosphere is the CFW, fuse gelee is the name of the exploit that permits CFW
If you want early piracy and don't mind spending 45 or so dollars get the sx pro. You can use the dongle with other cfw payloads presumably later anyways. Atmosphere could release before or not too long after sx but it probably won't have piracy at first. Could also simply wait for the potential that sx gets cracked if you don't care about the dongle part.

It seems like the SX Pro looks to be worth buying then since it offers piracy right from the start. Does it work like a DS flashcart?

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like the SX Pro looks to be worth buying then since it offers piracy right from the start. Does it work like a DS flashcart?
https://sx.xecuter.com/
You put the files on your sd card in the switch and you can run them yes. Not sure how the digital titles, updates or dlc will work but for cart based rips it'll be a drag and play situation it seems.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know if you have noticed, but theres a F.A.Q. on the switch section, also an entry on the FrontPage of the site about the details and Specs of the product... this time you dont even need to have to google, so suit yourself.

CaptainLoozer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we know already where to get games from? Because SX OS won't be useful if we don't get gains hehe.

I started downloading games the day SX Pro opened up for pre-order. I definitely have more than my SD card can hold at this point, but their latest FAQ says they're working on a USB loader so that'll be great for docked play.

CaptainLoozer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Skylinedeadline

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://sx.xecuter.com/
You put the files on your sd card in the switch and you can run them yes. Not sure how the digital titles, updates or dlc will work but for cart based rips it'll be a drag and play situation it seems.
In their FAQ, there's no mention of running/installing digital games (maybe no one asked them yet?). But they mention that if you to use updates/DLC, it will have to be done the official way by being on the latest firmware and grabbing them from Nintendo's servers using your Switch. I think TX is aware that downloading DLC/updates on the Switch is too risky for end-users, hence why there may be no Freeshop on the Switch. But who knows, maybe one of the Switch devs will find a way to mask the downloads.

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In their FAQ, there's no mention of running/installing digital games (maybe no one asked them yet?). But they mention that if you to use updates/DLC, it will have to be done the official way by being on the latest firmware and grabbing them from Nintendo's servers using your Switch. I think TX is aware that downloading DLC/updates on the Switch is too risky for end-users, hence why there may be no Freeshop on the Switch. But who knows, maybe one of the Switch devs will find a way to mask the downloads.
From my understanding even if you did go wild and downloaded updates for your pirated copies (provided it'd update, I don't know if it would count it as a real game or not like 3ds does and let you update from eshop) and were banned you still have access to updates I think? Like with 3ds that never goes away presumably. But I recall seeing them mention they'll look into digital/eshop games. and one was already dumped but in a different format than xci which I think will have to actually be installed rather than drag/drop?

CaptainLoozer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man that'd be awesome if it does ever happen. 1tb external would be far cheaper than a 400gb sd.

Exactly. I asked about this as soon as we started getting info on it and several people said no one would want that. As in, who'd want an external hard drive dangling from their switch.

I'm thinking to myself... idiot... do you never play docked? It'd be the same way we've loaded Wii and Wii U games in the past. Certainly I'd get an SD card big enough for the games I'd like to have with me all the time, but there'd be tons I'd love to try out even if only when docked. I'm just not trying to spend hundreds of dollars on a new SD card when I have several 2TB drives lying around that I could use.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my understanding even if you did go wild and downloaded updates for your pirated copies (provided it'd update, I don't know if it would count it as a real game or not like 3ds does and let you update from eshop) and were banned you still have access to updates I think? Like with 3ds that never goes away presumably. But I recall seeing them mention they'll look into digital/eshop games. and one was already dumped but in a different format than xci which I think will have to actually be installed rather than drag/drop?
I think so but you still lose total access to the eShop and DLC so better safe than sorry or risk their users start complaining how they got banned for using their product. The .NSP file format that you are speaking of needs a title manager to install it into the Switch's NAND. It must be trickier to implement than tricking the Switch into running .XCI's. The 3DS scene never figured out a way to run .3DS files outside of Gateway.

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly. I asked about this as soon as we started getting info on it and several people said no one would want that. As in, who'd want an external hard drive dangling from their switch.

I'm thinking to myself... idiot... do you never play docked? It'd be the same way we've loaded Wii and Wii U games in the past. Certainly I'd get an SD card big enough for the games I'd like to have with me all the time, but there'd be tons I'd love to try out even if only when docked. I'm just not trying to spend hundreds of dollars on a new SD card when I have several 2TB drives lying around that I could use.
I'd also be keen on if nothing else, an sd2vita style game cart to allow at least for a spare sd card if we never get external support. but yes I'd much rather use one of the bunch of externals I've already got than shell out near 200 bucks for a 400gb or even 120 for a 256.

I think so but you still lose total access to the eShop and DLC so better safe than sorry or risk their users start complaining how they got banned for using their product. The .NSP file format that you are speaking of needs a title manager to install it into the Switch's NAND. It must be trickier to implement than tricking the Switch into running .XCI's. The 3DS scene never figured out a way to run .3DS files outside of Gateway.
True. I think they said they'll look into emunand anyways so I suppose you could get updates from an unhacked emu or sysnand if nothing else? Provided you don't somehow get banned for going on with either. I'm not sure whether you'd go unbanned or not. Hmm I guess we'll see an FBI like program for the switch maybe then? I mean tx has a cfw of their own so I'd hope it's not unrealistic to expect one day, or one for atmosphere whenever it comes out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: might look for one on yt