ROM Hack Xenoblade 3 SaveData Editor

crazy13603

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone run into an issue using version 0.21 where the equip gems screen bugs out a bit? seems i get duplicates of the gems i already had before editing the save, and cant seem to equip the new ones i craft, since they dont show up.

EddieNash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi. Can someone help me? I'm stuck in Xenoblade Chronicles 3. I'm in the city at the part where you have to talk to the Residential Guard, but he's not there, so I can't progress. Is there a solution for that? Can someone help please?

GotAQuestion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Can someone help me? I'm stuck in Xenoblade Chronicles 3. I'm in the city at the part where you have to talk to the Residential Guard, but he's not there, so I can't progress. Is there a solution for that? Can someone help please?
Late response, but I also had an issue with finding people in the city. I found the solution was to close out the game completely and boot it back up. That's what fixed it for me

Tolin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Added hero edit in 0.30, but hero names need to be explored
Here... did a quick tearthrough of my endgame save using the new feature to match class with ID number.

edit: No change, just clarifying that there doesn't seem to be anything higher than ID 32 at the moment. We'll see what happens with DLC.

Attachments

• XC3-ItemNumbersAndNames - Classes.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 130
Last edited by Tolin,

jim972329667

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Here... did a quick tearthrough of my endgame save using the new feature to match class with ID number.

edit: No change, just clarifying that there doesn't seem to be anything higher than ID 32 at the moment. We'll see what happens with DLC.
Thanks for your list, 0.31 should support subsequent hero updates

Reactions: Tolin and dude179

dude179

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It looks like the save editor still works for the most part. However, using it causes the DLC hero to become level 1 with 0 bonus EXP if you adjust EXP on anyone else.

You can still use it no problem to adjust item quantities, and that includes DLC accessories (although they will appear with a blank name in the list).

Last edited by dude179,

Tolin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like the save editor still works for the most part. However, using it causes the DLC hero to become level 1 with 0 bonus EXP if you adjust EXP on anyone else.

You can still use it no problem to adjust item quantities, and that includes DLC accessories (although they will appear with a blank name in the list).
I'll do another round of Item List checks against the wave 2 additions and that'll fill in those blanks. ;)
Post automatically merged:

To add to my previous list on the Hero Class IDs... Ino, the Noponic Champion, is ID 33
Can't edit her with the save editor currently... the ID 33 entry seems to blank out and kick values to 0... so that's a bit weird... but I have Noah assigned to her class and his class value reports as 33.

(I find it interesting that they didn't use 13, 27, 28, 29 or 30 but jumped to the end of their list and added a 'new' entry to the end of their list...)

Like Ether Cylinders being assigned to 6001, the HD Ether Cylinder + is assigned to 6002... though attempting to edit that value doesn't adjust the amount that is on-hand, so I'm not sure where that value is being tracked. Something is assigned to 6003, but it doesn't show up in the menus as a blank item when using its ID.

Looking at the log, there are a few new tracked variables, and it reports them as follows:

"dx_ethercylinder_num": 6, [number of the new ether cylinder type - this is the important one]
"dx_ethercylinder_lv": 4, [the level to which you've upgraded the cylinder for better harvesting of new ether nodes]
"pow_augment_ino": 1, [this one I believe tracks the number of Ino's skills you've unlocked.]

Edit: Added Wave 2 Accessories to append.

Attachments

• XC3-Wave2Accessories.txt
    593 bytes · Views: 125
Last edited by Tolin,

jim972329667

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I'll do another round of Item List checks against the wave 2 additions and that'll fill in those blanks. ;)
Post automatically merged:

To add to my previous list on the Hero Class IDs... Ino, the Noponic Champion, is ID 33
Can't edit her with the save editor currently... the ID 33 entry seems to blank out and kick values to 0... so that's a bit weird... but I have Noah assigned to her class and his class value reports as 33.

(I find it interesting that they didn't use 13, 27, 28, 29 or 30 but jumped to the end of their list and added a 'new' entry to the end of their list...)

Like Ether Cylinders being assigned to 6001, the HD Ether Cylinder + is assigned to 6002... though attempting to edit that value doesn't adjust the amount that is on-hand, so I'm not sure where that value is being tracked. Something is assigned to 6003, but it doesn't show up in the menus as a blank item when using its ID.

Looking at the log, there are a few new tracked variables, and it reports them as follows:

"dx_ethercylinder_num": 6, [number of the new ether cylinder type - this is the important one]
"dx_ethercylinder_lv": 4, [the level to which you've upgraded the cylinder for better harvesting of new ether nodes]
"pow_augment_ino": 1, [this one I believe tracks the number of Ino's skills you've unlocked.]

Edit: Added Wave 2 Accessories to append.
Thanks for your contribution, I have fixed the bug where new hero experience is 0

Reactions: dude179 and Tolin

Tolin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, is this editor currently up to date with the DLC wave pack 2?
As of .32 released yesterday, I believe so... new accessories and stuff for the new hero were added. I didn't find any additional collectibles through my playthrough. The only thing that may be considered 'missing' that I'd request would be the character costumes.

WORLDSTAR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super appreciative to the developers, thank you very much for your time and work. I doubt anyone will dig into the saves too deeply, but modifying available Soul Hacker skills and whether or not they are upgraded would to be too lit.

Once again, not trying to be an ingrate thank you so much for you work

Ultimos54

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@jim972329667Just tried out the editor and just found that doing:
add 99 of all collectibles allows you to save the file
but if you do add 20 of all accessories the app crashes when trying to save
Any fix?

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe I found the save offset for Nopon stone, as I've now successfully increased the amount of Noponstone I have by editing my save file manually in a hex editor. For any interested parties, the offset appears to be 0x19AFA4. It looks like you can put any value there that fits in those two bytes. I put in a value of 2710 in Hex (10,000 Nopon stone) in this order: 10 27
When put in that spot my Nopon stone increased from 1,535 (what I had before) to 10,000.
I have attached a screenshot of the hex editor showing the offset.

Attachments

• XB3 Nopon Stone Candidate Screenshot 2022-11-11 214807.png
    XB3 Nopon Stone Candidate Screenshot 2022-11-11 214807.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: jim972329667

redlightnin707

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone run into an issue using version 0.21 where the equip gems screen bugs out a bit? seems i get duplicates of the gems i already had before editing the save, and cant seem to equip the new ones i craft, since they dont show up.
Whatever causes this is still an issue even in the most recent version of the program.

I did manage to fix it by using the item section of the save editor to set the number of gems owned for every type I had made to 0. The item menu in game now says I own 0 but they can be equipped from the menu and their effects are still present. You can also recraft them from the camps too now and it doesn't seem to bug out the second time.

I'm guessing the "add all collectibles" is responsible for this bug somehow, so after the first time you use it and correct this bug, I'd suggest editing any refills you need to do manually rather than hitting that button again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Soi soi soi rofl rofl rofl