GCN XenoGC Issue

skydancer93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the chip onto my GameCube and while I did have some issues installing where I had to desolder and resolder, I believe I had everything connected. But, every time I turn on the GameCube, the red light on the chip continually blinks. I don't know what's going on an about to give up on it, but maybe I figure to post it here in case anyone had any ideas.

http://imgur.com/IKFeycB

http://imgur.com/zotkBeU

BTW, the upper right isn't actually touching that resistor. It came out a tiny bit tall and it's the angle of the photo

YOUCANTSTOPME

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know this is almost a month old, have you figured it out? There isn't really anything else to say other than redo all of your points, because it isn't making contact somewhere. Some people have better success using wires instead of directly soldering it. Use 28 or 30 AWG wire.

Last edited by YOUCANTSTOPME,

skydancer93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did and it works, but after a while, I getdisc read errors, so I think it's a problem with the laser. I set it to 175, 185, and 150 with the same issue. One day I want to try and set it to 230 as suggested by a few people and see if that fixes it

YOUCANTSTOPME

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it's booting your backup or imported original, then the Xeno install is fine.

Now you have to work with the laser. The GC is finicky with burned media.

If it's not reading your media, you want to try setting it LOWER, not higher.

Also, CLEAN your laser. This is very underrated. Cotton swab + alcohol should do the trick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already