ROM Hack [XY/ORAS/SM] Custom 3D Models / Textures Sharing Thread

XLuma

Pkmn Rom Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did anyone found the map models in XY ?
Aparrently the garc that is supposed to contain them (a013) only contains the textures, no models.

EDIT: Models are stored in a041 and the textures in a013

But the thing is that a041 contains like a thousand model files and a013 contains only around 170 files (plus a couple that are unused)
Does anyone actually made some kind of list ? I know there is one for oras maps but couldn’r find one on XY

Last edited by XLuma,

jbagadonuts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you get custom models into a pokemon game iv'e been at this for a long time now and i have no clue how to get a model into the actual game files

i'm using Hackingtoolkit3ds to unpack a .3ds file then i go to \a\0\2\1 and unpack bclim with pk3ds and now i want to change the trainer model to a custom model but i cant figure out how to do this and there is nothing on the internet that i can find at least that explains how to make the custom model a compatible .bin file that runs in the game

if anymore information is needed please don't hesitate to ask

qianghua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
hi, I wish to change the trainer pic in pre-battle screen.
How to change it and which garc files should I refer ?

Attachments

• hqdefault (1).jpg
    hqdefault (1).jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 170
Last edited by qianghua,
Reactions: Tower

CharizardMen99

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm wondering if there is a Magma admin courtney from Omega Ruby model for USUM since I'm planning to do a custom battle against her but... I still didn't find anything :c

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant the specific model/texture files (.gfpak I think). How do I extract/inject textures from/into those files?
They're still just PNG files inside regardless, extract them from one container, then import them into the other. There are programs that can extract the .gfpak files.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://github.com/SciresM/hactool

And this one is for the .gfpack files https://gbatemp.net/threads/gfunpac...iles-from-pokemon-lgpe-gfpac-archives.523545/

Haven't been keeping up with the Switch hacking?

Last edited by Majickhat55,
Reactions: Devsterman12

MegaKyurem

WAAALUIGI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're still just PNG files inside regardless, extract them from one container, then import them into the other. There are programs that can extract the .gfpak files.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://github.com/SciresM/hactool

And this one is for the .gfpack files https://gbatemp.net/threads/gfunpac...iles-from-pokemon-lgpe-gfpac-archives.523545/

Haven't been keeping up with the Switch hacking?
How do you open the .bnt files that get extracted though? Everything I look up seems to point to using BNTX injector but that won't open anything for me and other things that it does open (like clothing textures) shows up blank

Edit: Sorry I'm being annoying, this should mostly be directed at the person that posted before and got it working

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How do you open the .bnt files that get extracted though? Everything I look up seems to point to using BNTX injector but that won't open anything for me and other things that it does open (like clothing textures) shows up blank

Edit: Sorry I'm being annoying, this should mostly be directed at the person that posted before and got it working
BNT is the textures just add the X so it's BNTX I couldn't get the BNTX injector to work I just used Smash Forge to open the BNTX

SpartanG01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you use/find this stuff? I'd love to replace some sprites in Ultra Sun but... I have ZERO idea where to begin with that lol

Cenvo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
is this a custom haircolor? i wanted to do that for ages but couldnt figure it out can you explain it? pls?

Was a while I did it, but I took the overworld and HD files and just coloured the hair into the desired colour, after that I changed it to a hairstyle that I thought were rarely used.

Think they are in a_2_1_5 and a_1_8_9 for Ultra sun and moon. Tricky part is getting the texture back into the game, unless something has changed in recent time. Did all my editing with some converter tools and HxD editing.

Hope it helps! o/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F