Yahoo mail access problem [Need Help]

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title states, there is a problem accessing a yahoo account. I have the correct user name and password. However, whenever the account in is accessed, it is always asking to send a verification code to an old outdated phone number that is not owned anymore and it is not letting me access the e-mails. My brother is the actual owner of the account and he has been locked from the account for 3 - 4 years and does not remember that number. We have been looking for ways to resolve this problem but no solution has been found and we have been unable to find a way to contact yahoo. He has some important accounts there so he rather not delete or make another account. Can anyone help us contact yahoo or resolve this problem?

D

Deleted User

Maybe he could change those accounts to his current email? If those accounts were so important he really shouldn't have left it alone for years

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
this requirement of 2 steps verification is usually a brick in the way...
there should be an alternative password or a code, instead needing a phone.

i remember when i thought i lost my android phone, and used my friend computer to login and see where i lost my phone since it was connected to 4g. only to greet a "we will send you a message with a code to your device" message. doesn't make sense when you need your lost device to unlock the hability to do so

Tera

Trophies
XP
Country
Not far back I was locked out of my Yahoo account. I made said account a few years ago, before I moved to a different country. It locked me out because of my new IP address. Yahoo wanted to send me a verification code to a phone number I no longer had, to prove that it was really me trying to log in. I couldn't find the solution to this problem online, so I just proxied my way through until it finally stopped nagging me about my new location. Perhaps you could try replicating this, if you're not worried about potentially making it more difficult to regain access.

As a separate note, it's been on the news recently that Yahoo has been hacked. It's time to start changing passwords and whatnot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F