Hacking Discussion You cannot link a Nintendo account on a banned Switch.

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't have a nand backup.
Mannnnnnn… What's the first rule about Switch Hacking?
Rule #1 NAND Backup
Rule #2 NAND Backup
My next suggestion though would be to either purchase another switch or fake authorizations to get around bans. I don't see this coming ever due to it all being server sided now.

One more thing though, befriend someone who works for Nintendo on the severs there. have them unblock your console. Might as well give it admin rights too while they are at it.

Never Know, there might be a console scrubbing service coming. Im sure there will be due to this due to gamestop having to take these consoles in.

Last edited by Zonark,

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bummer you lost the ability to reload your games. What was the cause to make you need to reset? I saw a "partially unlinked NNID" but I'm not sure what that can accomplish.

And I'm sure you know this now but it seems it still needs to be said - Always take a backup before modifying your console in any way.

zwq939681378

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I agree with this, and I'll expand upon it. What Nintendo have effectively said Is that should you indulge in piracy we will take away your right to use our services, now that is fair enough it is their right to do so and their duty to discourage theft. However, the way they have done this is by saying that due to your choice of illegitimate means we shall take away your choice of legitimate means. Essentially if you want to pirate then that's all you will do.

This is absurd, as firstly it essentially assumes anyone who pirates a game would not also legitimately purchase another game, which is wrong. I personally pirate games, however, I also purchase games too.

Secondly it also then snowballs the effect of piracy, with no legitimate way to purchase digitally, piracy then becomes the primary route of access to digital media. Not from choice, from necessity. Which financially only damages themselves and not those they are punishing in the first place.

The smart thing for Nintendo to do would have been a simple online ban for flagged titles. You want to steal games, fine, but you're not playing them online. However you can still choose to do the right thing, purchase games, fund developers.

Does Nintendo's stance discourage piracy in the first place? No, people who wanted to pirate games to any financial detriment to Nintendo are not concerned with purchasing any games in the first place. It simply removes the choice to continue to financially support Nintendo and it's developers, for those people who were willing to do so.

Removal of choice to do the right thing is not a punishment, it is a justification for doing the wrong thing.
Did you agree to a user agreement when you activated your account? From then on, you have accepted their law, it's your choice, I think they were sure to tell you what will happen if you hacked your console, and told you what you shouldn't do.
However, you have still chosen "I agree". So now you think is's absurb, why did you choose "I agree"?

realjumy

Woooosh!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I agree with this, and I'll expand upon it. What Nintendo have effectively said Is that should you indulge in piracy we will take away your right to use our services, now that is fair enough it is their right to do so and their duty to discourage theft. However, the way they have done this is by saying that due to your choice of illegitimate means we shall take away your choice of legitimate means. Essentially if you want to pirate then that's all you will do.

This is absurd, as firstly it essentially assumes anyone who pirates a game would not also legitimately purchase another game, which is wrong. I personally pirate games, however, I also purchase games too.

Secondly it also then snowballs the effect of piracy, with no legitimate way to purchase digitally, piracy then becomes the primary route of access to digital media. Not from choice, from necessity. Which financially only damages themselves and not those they are punishing in the first place.

The smart thing for Nintendo to do would have been a simple online ban for flagged titles. You want to steal games, fine, but you're not playing them online. However you can still choose to do the right thing, purchase games, fund developers.

Does Nintendo's stance discourage piracy in the first place? No, people who wanted to pirate games to any financial detriment to Nintendo are not concerned with purchasing any games in the first place. It simply removes the choice to continue to financially support Nintendo and it's developers, for those people who were willing to do so.

Removal of choice to do the right thing is not a punishment, it is a justification for doing the wrong thing.
I don't know in you country, but in mine, digital content is usually more expensive than cartridges... And I totally understand that some titles decide to be released in digital version as for them can be more cost/effective, or for the simple reason that you will need internet all the time to run it...

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I agree with you on some.
But you gotta remember a hack system can dump games. So blocking a person with a hack system from buying new games. Also helps cut down on those that would dump games and put them up for copying.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
The issue is: I never pirated. Not once did I pirate.

You did pirate Kirby Star Allies based on that post and attempted to pirate Arms by the looks of it...

Nintendo don't want consoles running unsigned code or modified games on their network, which is fair enough. Microsoft have been banning people since 2002 for this, people with Nintendo consoles have had few consequences from modding / pirating for the last 16 years.

I suspect you will be able to sign in to a Switch that is not banned with your account and download all the games you have purchased. Just like the Xbox and even the PlayStation, a banned console is banned. It can't use online functionality.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
this exactly the same story when M$ bans people for flashing the DVD driver, back at time of x360, Microzozz even screwed all banned people's saves lol

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Did you agree to a user agreement when you activated your account? From then on, you have accepted their law, it's your choice, I think they were sure to tell you what will happen if you hacked your console, and told you what you shouldn't do.
However, you have still chosen "I agree". So now you think is's absurb, why did you choose "I agree"?
EULA is not binding in Europe.

Reactions: aphirst

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
EULA is not binding in Europe.
In an ideal world, there would be grounds for a lawsuit against Nintendo on behalf of users whose consoles have been crippled by Nintendo purely for break of TOS, on grounds that the TOS itself is unreasonable and unenforcable. Sadly, IANAL.

Inkyino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I get banned, I'll just backup my Splatoon 2 save file, create a new profile on my girlfriend's Switch, and restore my save to that profile. Not really scurred to be banned honestly. I'll still get to play cartridge dumps and update them freely.

Her Switch is a virgin, not even homebrew has been run on it yet.
how do i do that? i dont wanna lose my splatoon 2 save xd

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"I shorted a pin on my switch to get to an obscure mode that allows me to bypass reggie's system lock-down and anti-piracy methods and now reggie cut me off waaaaah"

or

"I went into a bank and waved a gun around, I didn't intend to shoot anyone or steal anything but now I they won't let me into that bank anymore."

Duh?

Jaisun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think we forced Nintendo's hand with the CDN downloads.

If piracy was strictly XCI's from rom sites, I doubt they'd have the heavy hand they did.

But seriously, it was possible to pirate every single title available for the console, directly from Nintendo.

That was a too good to be true situation. Rather than change how they distribute games, they ban the (relatively) small batch of folks who are capable of doing such things.

It sucks to be banned, and I did exactly what you did. Reset a banned switch and then went "oh crap" when I realized what I'd done. But the second I put that TX dongle in, I knew I was taking that risk.

As a side note. This isn't an old, or eol console. This is a console they're expecting to generate profit for years to come. Consoles don't usually get hacked this heavily, this early in their lives.

Last edited by Jaisun,

210modz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And what I'm getting at is the fact that I have 2 Switches in my house. One for piracy and homebrew, and my girlfriend's 100% untouched legit unit. If I get banned from online, I can still play Splatoon 2 on her Switch, not losing all my progress.

If you run a account on a modded system then run it on a stock system, you put the stock system in risk of getting banned.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
If you run a account on a modded system then run it on a stock system, you put the stock system in risk of getting banned.
I'm not running the same account, just making a new account on the 2nd switch, and then importing my save file.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so it will save the online file? sorry im a noob at this stuff
They save to the console first, then sync online.

Reactions: 210modz

Creatable

OP
Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
contradictory statement is contradictory
...owning games does not mean you have them downloaded
also, downloading them from anywhere but Nintendo (and I cannot download from Nintendo) is illegal

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe this is karma for the Backups are here! thread?
Wow, haven't been on this thread in a while.
Just wondering what in your mind thinks the "backups are here" thread makes me deserve this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: He is also, but acts like 10 +1