Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If the feature is there why haven't they released the assets?
- The feature isn't tested enough. If this is the case, probably you have to upgrade the launcher when the files are up there. Most possible trouble comes from the code instead of the files. We know the assets are mostly coming from some NUS files.
- If you can downgrade without GW Red card, it'll be very easy for other flashcarts to make use of this to revive their carts. If this is the case, you have to upgrade the launcher when the feature is enabled.

However, I believe Gateway has already done this feature inside their lab. Just some polish work or protections left.
Yeah. This is, by their own admission, a beta release after all. People should be aware that some features may not work properly every time or might not be fully tested yet.

escherbach

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Stop being a derp. Gateway has released everything they've ever promised they would. Why the hell would you bet against them with that existing track record?

IF the 4.5 downgrade and new 3ds support is realistically due later this year I'd like to have known that before buying a load of gateways for my impoverished cousins etc

Ok for you guys to keep saying "they always delivered" - but fucking around around Christmas time doesn't create goodwill in the end.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
IF the 4.5 downgrade and new 3ds support is realistically due later this year I'd like to have known that before buying a load of gateways for my impoverished cousins etc

Ok for you guys to keep saying "they always delivered" - but fucking around around Christmas time doesn't create goodwill in the end.
Development takes time. Especially when you're working with code that's not supposed to be able to run on the target hardware. Clearly they aren't "fucking around." You're simply impatient so anything you want right now seems like it's taking too long to arrive. Deal with it.

Of course if you'd prefer, they could simply release untested software and let you brick your (and your cousins') 3DS.

Reactions: Margen67 and Rinnux
D

Deleted User

They're talking about downgrade PACKS.. that probably means big files containing a full nand image or something. These probably take time to upload somewhere anonymously ...

Reactions: Margen67

escherbach

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Development takes time. Especially when you're working with code that's not supposed to be able to run on the target hardware. Clearly they aren't "fucking around." You're simply impatient so anything you want right now seems like it's taking too long to arrive. Deal with it.

Of course if you'd prefer, they could simply release untested software and let you brick your (and your cousins') 3DS.

I'd have been happier if they didn't hype the market with misleading claims about functionality just before Christmas.

They may or may not be able to deliver the full functionality - BUT ONE THING'S FOR SURE - they're struggling to do it, and should not have claimed functionality that was not yet possible.

sycohnda209x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ummm..... Is it just me or does this guy sound like he either works for Nintendo or works for copycat flashcard company. He sounds like he is fishing for files to either help stop the exploit or make a copy. I say ban this guy, but then he could just make another account. :ninja:

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'd have been happier if they didn't hype the market with misleading claims about functionality just before Christmas.

They may or may not be able to deliver the full functionality - BUT ONE THING'S FOR SURE - they're struggling to do it, and should not have claimed functionality that was not yet possible.
It's not misleading if it's what they're working on, and that's exactly the case. They never claimed that they had the functionality right then, just that it was coming. Any assumptions you made based on that information are your own mistake.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
They're talking about downgrade PACKS.. that probably means big files containing a full nand image or something. These probably take time to upload somewhere anonymously ...
Well they also state that you can downgrade using your own NAND dumps, but those are two different features I suppose.

escherbach

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not misleading if it's what they're working on, and that's exactly the case. They never claimed that they had the functionality right then, just that it was coming. Any assumptions you made based on that information are your own mistake.

LOL - cool, they never meant to mislead by a demo on a new 3DS.

THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DOWNGRADE ALL THE WORLD'S 3DS CONSOLES

THERE WILL BE MAJOR RESTRICTIONS with whatever they release - trust me.

escherbach

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ummm..... Is it just me or does this guy sound like he either works for Nintendo or works for copycat flashcard company. He sounds like he is fishing for files to either help stop the exploit or make a copy. I say ban this guy, but then he could just make another account. :ninja:

Great first post - Gateway guy.

Reactions: SLiV3R

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is so misunderstood and FRAUDENTLY claimed in their release notes

They hint that there may be some new release soon, but we all know what that means.

Garyopa over at maxconsole is claiming this will be possible very very soon ( http://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-3-0-ultra.378041/page-45#post-5266617 ) - so let's see shall we?

We don't know if Ultra 3.0 will have downgrading or not. They only just released the Public Beta for testing purposes, and it is in no way a finished product yet.

Besides, it can't be fraud if it was JUST ANNOUNCED! You did not buy a Gateway 3DS because they said it would have downgrading capabilities, because they didn't say anything of the sort. They only added support for it in the future today, and they haven't claimed that it is complete at this time. This is Gateway we're talking about. 'Support' can easily be months away.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
LOL - cool, they never meant to mislead by a demo on a new 3DS.

THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DOWNGRADE ALL THE WORLDS 3DS CONSOLES

THERE WILL BE MAJOR RESTRICTIONS with whatever they release - trust me.
Again, what's misleading about showing you what they're currently working on? It would only be misleading if they never actually release N3DS support, but they will. Again, you're just fucking impatient. The world will keep spinning.

Yeah, the restriction is that you have to be on 9.2 or below to use Gateway in the first place. Beyond that, downgrading should and likely will be possible. It's really not that mindblowing or revolutionary, considering that Gateway does indeed work all the same on firmwares 4.5 through 9.2 now. Downgrading is unnecessary, but a neat extra to have just in case.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
They claim downgrading as a MAJOR feature you dick
They had it in a bullet point like every other feature. It'll come, but again, it's not that major. Why do you need to downgrade if you're on 5.x to 9.2 and you can already use Gateway? The answer is that you don't, but having the option is nice anyway.

Reactions: Margen67 and Stang

Stang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They had it in a bullet point like every other feature. It'll come, but again, it's not that major. Why do you need to downgrade if you're on 5.x to 9.2 and you can already use Gateway? The answer is that you don't, but having the option is nice anyway.
I agree you don't, but lets be honest, having a restriction in the form of wifi to use gateway is not ideal. I would downgrade just to use the conventional 4.x method.

Reactions: SLiV3R

Jasin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree you don't, but lets be honest, having a restriction in the form of wifi to use gateway is not ideal. I would downgrade just to use the conventional 4.x method.

I'd atleast like to run the exploit on my own local webserver. If their website went away or was DDOSed I couldn't run the exploit.

They claim downgrading as a MAJOR feature you dick

It's a beta. Calm down. You can bitch when the public release doesn't have it.

Reactions: Margen67 and Stang

escherbach

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

I'll bet you a lot that a lot of people would rate the downgrade ability very highly compared to other stuff.

And remember it's only the second disappointment after the new 3DS snub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good.