Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'll bet you a lot that a lot of people would rate the downgrade ability very highly compared to other stuff.

And remember it's only the second disappointment after the new 3DS snub
Well that's great, they'll have that ability soon enough.

Calling it a "disappointment" is both stupid and ridiculous, considering that we didn't even know it was going to be an included feature in 3.0 until this update.

Stang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd atleast like to run the exploit on my own local webserver. If their website went away or was DDOSed I couldn't run the exploit.

It's a beta. Calm down. You can bitch when the public release doesn't have it.
Very true good point. As of now nobody has a reason to complain honestly we have a functioning piece of hardware (finally). Ill happily guinea pig the downgrade when it becomes available!

escherbach

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well that's great, they'll have that ability soon enough.

Calling it a "disappointment" is both stupid and ridiculous, considering that we didn't even know it was going to be an included feature in 3.0 until this update.

I think we (VERY REASONABLY) assumed a smooth experience that didn't require stuff that kids would struggle with like console browser shit to re-enable every other fucking day

Stang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you need to run the exploit to boot in to emuNAND every time? That is inconvenient.
Any time you power down/enter system settings you must use the browser exploit to get back into gateway mode.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Any time you power down/enter system settings you must use the browser exploit to get back into gateway mode.
Yeah, hopefully that's something they change/find a way around for the full release. Then again, it might be the only workable exploit on every firmware from 5.x to 9.2. In which case, hopefully a number of other sites store the exploit as backup, and hopefully somebody finds a way to store it locally.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we (VERY REASONABLY) assumed a smooth experience that didn't require stuff that kids would struggle with like console browser shit to re-enable every other fucking day

Who assumes that when you're dealing with modding a console? I always expect with stuff like this that things might get complicated and/or messy, and that you have to read everything carefully before you do anything that will be changing your console or handheld in ways that the developer of the hardware in question never intended.

N00b Smasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd have been happier if they didn't hype the market with misleading claims about functionality just before Christmas.

They may or may not be able to deliver the full functionality - BUT ONE THING'S FOR SURE - they're struggling to do it, and should not have claimed functionality that was not yet possible.
LOL - cool, they never meant to mislead by a demo on a new 3DS.

THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DOWNGRADE ALL THE WORLD'S 3DS CONSOLES

THERE WILL BE MAJOR RESTRICTIONS with whatever they release - trust me.
If you want to downgrade right now so badly, you can just try this and stop crying.

N00b Smasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you do it and report that it works.

Or, suspiciously.... why doesn't anyone do it? (And post here)

MAYBE IT'S A BULLSHIT METHOD that works in 1 out of a 100 cases?
1.When I made that post, GW didn't work on >4.5, so there was no need to downgrade, as you need it to install the cias.
2.Now that 3.0 is out it might be useful, but the method isn't widespread known and GW is going to release an official way of downgrading anyway. Plus people are understandably wary about messing with their sysnands.
3.People have successfully downgraded their emunands as well as installed system cias to sysnand without issues, so there is no evidence saying it shouldn't work.

PhoenixWrightX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the OP:
cookie.gif

ssj4gohan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

It's a beta, not a full release.

This "smooth experience" you speak of is your own misconception. Cherry picking the release notes doesn't help further the situation either.

The current browser exploit is bootable from accessing their site from our end. It's not a leap to believe that for the downgrade you would be required to access their site in a similar fashion.

Reactions: 2Hack

Neath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe this is what they originally planning to add in for launch but the community rushed them so quickly they left it out?

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 2Hack
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream machine started rust inside so I pitched it, but gotta get a new one, miss making my own ice cream, esp with booze.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But have you ever made ice cream on weed... Lol
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But have you ever made ice cream on weed... Lol +2