GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Warrior522 said:
*fistbump*

Respect from Ace = God tier. This is a pretty kickass week... Looks like I'll be blogging again... Eventually...

*Giggle*

Thanks. I was afraid I'd get shot down for being the maintainer of the pony thread over at the EOF.
biggrin.gif

@riposte: Yup. Boys like ponies too. I agree, it's quite weird, even though I indulge in it myself.
rofl2.gif
But let's not forget almost all weird things happen on the Internets now anyways.

Ace

Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
BortzANATOR said:
Whats interesting is that the animation is actually top notch.

Spot on, mate. It's so simple and customizable that it comes as no surprise that there is SO MUCH pony-related content on for example DA. Of course, a lot of it is pretty shit, but once in a while, you find some good deviations
rofl.gif

Thrust

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ughh I really dislike ponies. I try not too seeing all the unnecessary hate furrys and anime fans get but it just burns me up to see them EVERYWHERE, especially when it starts leaking INTO anime fans and furries and then its just all over the place and I cant get away from it. Hell I watched the powerpuff girls when I was a kid, I was a huge disney fan and Im definitely not the manliest man around. But I still just refuse to watch a show about ponies, marketed to LITTLE GIRLS with one of the main characters having a rainbow on their butt.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
MLP/FIM = My Little Pony / Friendship is Magic.
I know somebody on youtube called Zigzag4ever watches this stuff. I refuse to watch a little girl's cartoon! I don't care how great the writing is!
The only "Girls cartoon" that I have ever watch is The Powerpuff Girls. (I guess it's a girl's cartoon?) It was action-ey, with explosions and stuff, and laisers, and three little girls. Buttercup was awesome. (BLAM! I miss that show...) Don't get me started on Mojo-jojo, he was a joke, and a funny one at that! (Too bad Craptoon Network canceled it for shows like REALITY shows and whatever other crap they show on Craptoon Network.)

Ace

Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Funny how you should say that The Powerpuff Girls is a girl's cartoon. I actually watched it religiously myself, way back in the day!
mthrnitesmiley.gif

This may come to shock you, but the same person who made The Powerpuff Girls also made My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
hrth.gif

Then again, having the same producer doesn't mean it's the same show. Obviously, it's a lot less action-oriented than its predecessor, with an eponymously (no, it's not a pun...) bigger focus on "the magic of friendship", and it's on a completely other channel (which means it's a different demographic
wink.gif
).

One point I think you dodge, by pointing at Cartoon Network's demographical shift ("reality shows"), is the fact that a lot of people mention the similarities between the older shows from back in the day to this show about ponies. I really don't have a say here, since I didn't exactly grow up on cartoons. But I know you're older than myself, and could probably make a more educated guess than me.
rofl2.gif

I'm also going to avoid going in the direction of what constitutes as a girls show. It's more a kids show, since the lines are more blurred here than what they seem, and the gender issue is delicate.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even see Powerpuff Girls as anything more than hipster fodder. I've seen it and it's just not funny, and the animation is just bad by today's standards.

I'm not a big cartoon person but the only good ones I've seen are Adventure Time (hipsters love it but it's actually incredibly well written and has this sexy beast) and Avatar: TLA (because that show is just amazing).

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I don't even see Powerpuff Girls as anything more than hipster fodder. I've seen it and it's just not funny, and the animation is just bad by today's standards.

I'd like to reveal to you that it's a fucking kid's show from the 90's. You'd be surprised how little that really meant to us when we were like 8 (yes, I watched it too).

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Guild McCommunist said:

I'd like to reveal to you that it's a fucking kid's show from the 90's. You'd be surprised how little that really meant to us when we were like 8 (yes, I watched it too).
Yeah, it's not at all hipster fodder, just a show from my childhood.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:

Nowadays though there's really no point in watching it outside of "nostalgia". It's not really that funny or entertaining to watch.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
_Chaz_ said:

Nowadays though there's really no point in watching it outside of "nostalgia". It's not really that funny or entertaining to watch.
That's pretty much the reason people do...

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
soulx said:
_Chaz_ said:
As odd as it sounds, this was the one place online where I didn't have to worry about people shoving brightly colored equines in my face, and openly labeling me as intolerant for not thinking it's the best thing to hit the world since "Spacewar!".

This thread ruined that, and I hope you're happy.
Then I guess you don't go on many sites.

Or the EoF.
This.

I've been on plenty of other forums, and I do see a person or two with a pony ava, I haven't seen no one on those places ever do that.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
_Chaz_ said:

Apparently you haven't seen "The Beat-Alls". That's the only episode of Powerpuff Girls I've seen and I'd like to think every episode was as good as that one. I refuse to taint my opinion by watching another.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UeJincEpEM