Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully a descriptive title.
Knives are incredibly useful tools (left mine behind when I went on holiday once and found myself reaching for it 15+ times a day, and that was holiday rather than being practical so add 10 more if normal day) so the question then becomes what knife or knives do you carry with you every day?

I have several more in my bag for various purposes, and even more if I am on a proper away mission to do a job that needs such things (my choice of stanley knife if is an old carpet fitter's one -- it is nice to be able to slide the blade in and out but this thing has a screw cap on the back and slides each half past the other to fit in the blade... solid as a rock as a result and carries a variety of blades and replacements within itself).

Generally though I carry two
One is an old rawson knife I found all rusted in a junk bin one time and cleaned up. Use it all the time for all sorts of things.

The other is a cheapy hardware shop small blade thing that is on my keys normally (was originally lime green but that flaked off). Use that when I want to slice something fine and don't have a scalpel or want to slice something that is not so good for blades to slide and don't want to have to sharpen the normal one (though I still abuse that one all the time as well).
knives.JPG

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a fairly decent swiss army knife that I pack if I go camping or something, and got a slide-out stanley knife (box cutter) at home that mostly gets used for, shockingly, cutting boxes, but I don't carry a blade on the daily, I'm not some disenfranchised yoof on the streets of Lahndahn.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, I carry (or did when active) a cheapo plastic box cutter in a cheap plastic holster distributed at work. But truly, for the constant running around you have to do in a day's work, it's perfect with respect to weight and access. I just hook the holster on the side of my pants belt, and bam -- it's always there when I need it.

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's not illegal to carry a knife where I live, as long as you have a good reason to do so. "Defense" is never considered a good reason.

For the legal aspects of the knife, I have a Higo no Kami. The blade is thin, but it's GREAT for cutting through boxes. Of course, since I don't usually encounter the need to open boxes while walking outside, I keep it at home.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i do not carry a knife, but i do have a kabuto stick in my backpack

i do have 2 genuine(victorinox) swiss army knives somewhere, a red 3 layer version and a black 6 or 7 layer version, presents from my dad, when i was young.
i also have a fake 5 layer version
but the knife i use the most, besides kitchen knives:
a box cutter for opening packages and letters

if i remember right from my larp-ing days, it was legal for us (we had an official club) to openly carry daggers with longer than usually allowed blades.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Although I know the name of the knife I carry around, it's pretty questionable on legality. My wife got a spring-loaded army pocket knife while training to be in the military and it's what I carry around with me

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't typically carry a knife on me. Most places I go to, there's a utility knife when I need it.

When I do, it's just some typical random flip out pocket knife, or one of those easycut box knives a certain blue big box retailer used to give out.

For most everything I need a knife for, my keys work great for cutting through.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Fuck sigma, go with sugma. +1