TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I had a feeling he was going to die since they introduced his father. But I also have a feeling he may never have left the Animus. Like the whole AC3 modern story part is a test and is made to show him what would happen if he made the wrong choices. BTW. I have not beat'n the game yet. And only have played threw AC1 and Brotherhood.
Well since Ubisoft announced this one would be last game with Desmond, I doubt it.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had a feeling he was going to die since they introduced his father. But I also have a feeling he may never have left the Animus. Like the whole AC3 modern story part is a test and is made to show him what would happen if he made the wrong choices. BTW. I have not beat'n the game yet. And only have played threw AC1 and Brotherhood.

Dude come on, spoil that up. Also as for your theory:

At the end of AC3 after the credits, there are some more missions to do with Conner. One of which involves finding "Pivots" in Boston and a mysterious voice saying after finding all the pivots (Which by the way are just hacks for the game like invinvibility) "Holy crap, we did it, it's done. His data's uploading to the cloud!"

Which could mean that Desmond is inside the Animus, well some form of him, after all, he was in it before in Revelations along with Subject 16.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Dude come on, spoil that up.
I was gonna say!
Also as for your theory:
At the end of AC3 after the credits, there are some more missions to do with Conner. One of which involves finding "Pivots" in Boston and a mysterious voice saying after finding all the pivots (Which by the way are just hacks for the game like invinvibility) "Holy crap, we did it, it's done. His data's uploading to the cloud!"

Which could mean that Desmond is inside the Animus, well some form of him, after all, he was in it before in Revelations along with Subject 16.
In the next game: A million years in the future, a descendant of Desmond from a child he didn't know he had relives Desmond's memories, and when Desmond lives Ezio's memories who lives Altair's memories, it's a memory inside a memory inside a memory.

Inception! BRMMMMMMMM!!!!!

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll be honest. I was really excited for it. I was hoping it was going to change up the franchise pretty well, but after playing it for a while, I felt like I was shoved back into this hovel of useless fetch quests and poorly executed AI. Mix that in with credits that go on for like 20 minutes and the fact I honestly skipped all the cutscenes, I was really disappointed in AC3. Connor had a Shenmue thing going on, where it was all about revenge and it just got really drab after a few hours.

Shame, too. It was promising.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was slightly underwhelmed at the end, expected something big I guess. Cba to do the pivot thing at the end, will wiki to see what it does.

It unlocks animus hacks so you can activate cheats in the game. Then after you find it all, some weird voice says that the data is being uploaded to the cloud. So perhaps Desmond isn't dead, a part of him is inside the animus cloud or something. It's weird too because it says your name (for example mine): "hommmer589 is synced". But it's pretty useless. Also the Pivots are a little bit hard to find.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
its not as bad as the OP describes it
the only annoying part for me is slow down in some areas. my desktop has a Nvidia 450Gx Card (1GB GDDR5) while my laptop has an AMD Radeon 4670 Card (1GB GDDR3) but it runs better on the laptop. thats bcz my laptop's processor is a better dual core than my desktop.
it seems cpu threading (multi-core usage or threading) has not been optimized.
graphics and gameplay i love. haytham boring in the beginning but u learn to like him and if he continued on with assassin's clothes, i think he could have been my favorite but now he is just too dull and.....u will know

the game was meant to be difficult (optional objectives).
AC2 still my favorite game of all time on the PC.

Creqaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It unlocks animus hacks so you can activate cheats in the game. Then after you find it all, some weird voice says that the data is being uploaded to the cloud. So perhaps Desmond isn't dead, a part of him is inside the animus cloud or something. It's weird too because it says your name (for example mine): "hommmer589 is synced". But it's pretty useless. Also the Pivots are a little bit hard to find.
It screams Assassin's Creed IV, though, I thought it was supposed to be a trilogy.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It screams Assassin's Creed IV, though, I thought it was supposed to be a trilogy.

Yeah, so did I. But nope, apparently have way through the series, I missed a quote where Ubisoft said "it's the end of the Desmond saga". Which is one of the reasons why I'm disappointed by it.

Creqaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, so did I. But nope, apparently have way through the series, I missed a quote where Ubisoft said "it's the end of the Desmond saga". Which is one of the reasons why I'm disappointed by it.
Oh, so just Desmond was supposed to be a trilogy, so what now? Animus in an Animus by Desmond's descendant that was trying to figure out why the hell the world is what it is?

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Loved the AC franchise since the beginning. But AC3 didn't give me that good feeling that I had when I bought, owned, played and finished AC2. It's a fresh new game but it didn't have that spark. I know there's a patch released now, but when I got the game, some missions were too annoying, controls kinda sucked, the occasional glitches (getting up a tree viewpoint and not knowing where the haystack is so you're forced to jump off to death, character collides with blank space for some reason, horse stops moving) but I didn't mind and I kinda liked the twists. The ending was confusing and a bit of a letdown for me.

I am also a big fan of the multiplayer and I'd say it's much more improved than Revelations', but Brotherhood for me had the best MP. A lot of my friends loved playing the MP in Brotherhood. They were skeptical about Revelations and that game had a long and winding road of problems and complaints when it comes to MP. AC3 is a massive improvement: love Wolfpack mode, fresh multiplayer components, a lot smoother, and it's just general fun.

I'm gonna close this post off with this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.