ROM Hack [Youtube CIA]

Cat15368

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where I can find an older version of Youtube for the 3ds? If so I would like to know where it is.

Cat15368

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why do you want an old version of YouTube?
I want an older version because I want to watch other videos again through the youtube app

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

why an older version? pretty sure you could download it from eshop and delete the update data from settings
look below

JellyPerson

https://discord.gg/BMVma8j
Banned
Trophies
Website
https.htp
XP
Country
Korea, North
Well, as I said, it won't work because it will detect its out of date and will require an update

And why not use the regular 3DS browser?
He has an old 3DS and old 3DSes can't play videos thru the regular browser. There is a way to make the YouTube app play videos from sources other than YouTube.

Reactions: Cat15368

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
can't help you find it, but having a quick Google there was a .3ds released of the YouTube app by bigbluebox, you could probably find that and use a 3ds to cia converter

as others have mentioned at some point Nintendo started blocking older versions of exploitable titles so you might need to play about with it and change the title I'd or build version or whatever

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: Cat15368

Cat15368

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can't help you find it, but having a quick Google there was a .3ds released of the YouTube app by bigbluebox, you could probably find that and use a 3ds to cia converter

as others have mentioned at some point Nintendo started blocking older versions of exploitable titles so you might need to play about with it and change the title I'd or build version or whatever
Thank you

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Youtube for O3DS tries indeed to verify its version with Nintendo (like if it was an online multiplayer game), something that was genuinely unknown in the tubehax days; I don't know what exactly it checks for, though (version in TMD? some hardcoded constant in the executable? from some file in the romfs?)

With disassembling skills (and preferably a system call reference...) the check can be removed... but of course you need someone with said skills (and then you might as well change the homepage directly in the latest version!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof