Hacking Zelda BOTW disk - Is it safe to update for vWii and backup loaders?

KTroopA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I could not find a straight answer to this so posting for clarity please. I have the EU disc and want to play but read there is a game update on the disk and/or some internet update as well. Can I go online and just update the game with the released patch or will my wii u try and do a system update as well - which i want to avoid. Either way is it safe for backup loaders and stuff do they all work ok after the zelda update?

fenderjaguar

Trophies
XP
Country
There is no system update, it's just an update for the game. I could understand why you would think it was a system update though, because it kind of says it is.

I think you should just delete the game completely, then download the USA version 10GB, without the update, then apply the 1GB update (or however big it is) from nintendo when you launch the game.

Edit -ignore the "download the USA" bit, I thought you were in the US, for some reasons. Sorry.

Last edited by fenderjaguar,

Wurztha

Admìn MoFo :P
Trophies
XP
Country
Erm there is a game update which I ignore and it then takes you through to a system update...

And yes I am on 5.5.1! So I suggest some of you get off your high horses and give facts!

21zjop.jpg

Last edited by Wurztha,

fenderjaguar

Trophies
XP
Country
I already acknowledged that to the uninformed, it could seem like it was a system update.

The fact is, I've installed the so-called 'system update' and I'm still on FW 5.5.1.

The update is for zelda only. End of story.

Reactions: pokeparadox

Wurztha

Trophies
XP
Country
Well usually you can skip the game update and play anyway but in this case the game loads after skipping the game update and presents that menu. I will update Zelda and report back anyway. If it's not a system update then you can understand the confusion here from the pic I posted.

fenderjaguar

Trophies
XP
Country
If it's not a system update then you can understand the confusion here from the pic I posted.

Absolutely. I thought the same myself, before I installed it. But I could find no evidence of a 5.5.2 FW anywhere on the internet. And people were already telling me they'd installed it.

I suppose it might be something nintendo has done to scare us into buying the game. But I assure you, you're quite safe to install that update.

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no system update, it's just an update for the game. I could understand why you would think it was a system update though, because it kind of says it is.

I think you should just delete the game completely, then download the USA version 10GB, without the update, then apply the 1GB update (or however big it is) from nintendo when you launch the game.
Can I ask why you recommend the USA version? Is it different?

Reactions: fenderjaguar

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have your Wii U connected to the internet, you shouldn't even get that message, as it updates to the 2.5 GB update instead.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Erm there is a game update which I ignore and it then takes you through to a system update...

And yes I am on 5.5.1! So I suggest some of you get off your high horses and give facts!

21zjop.jpg
that isnt a system update... zelda requires a forced "update install" for the game only or else it cant run that is the zelda mandatory update lol.

Wurztha

Trophies
XP
Country
Just to report back, the stupid 'System Update' screen has gone after installing the v33 game update :D

Not a nice thing to do Ninty XD

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Or you are on older firmware check the Nintendo update site for the WiiU.
It is still 5.5.1. You could have been spoofed.

Madalone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well usually you can skip the game update and play anyway but in this case the game loads after skipping the game update and presents that menu. I will update Zelda and report back anyway. If it's not a system update then you can understand the confusion here from the pic I posted.

no.

KTroopA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks all for the replies guys. Just to be clear my wiiu is vWii hacked and backup loaders work fine. I own the retail BOTW disk and want to play that, but not break anything else by updating, hence my original question about wether it is safe or not?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.