Gaming Zelda Four Swords DSiWare - Does it have a release?

GHANMI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! I want to ask whether the 25th anniversary Zelda Four Swords DSiWare has already been dumped as a ROM since, you know, it is no longer available at all.
I'm not asking for a ROM link, or a way to play/emulate DSiWare (impossible atm), mind you. Just whether it has a rom release. Since only a handful of roms were dumped, and not even recent ones like a Kappa Trail, I'm starting to worry about the preservation of this one..
Thanks in advance!

rayword45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upon a quick google search, I found... Some shady-ass websites hosting ROMs with illegitimate instructions on how to install it to a DSi. Don't know if legit.

Here's a question I hope isn't out of bounds, how do you dump DSiWare? When it's possible I want to extract the soundtrack out of games like X-Scape, Flametail, Trajectile and X-Scape.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you could play it? the only options at this point would be to find some one who has it and buy that DSi or play the GBA version either on a GBA or a DS or DS Lite.

I could swear it was released on the GameCube but I could be wrong.

Squirps

Official Squirps of GBATemp.net™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't quote me on this, but I don't believe that people have found a way to DUMP DSiWare, let alone play copies of it that have not been purchased via the DSi Shop, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to say no.

...I have the game, and I'll be honest, it's VERY short and you're better off playing an actual full Zelda game. :P

rayword45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There have been dumped DSiWare games, which were converted into .nds files.

And those .nds files? You could play them on a 4DS!

rayword45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the game, and I'll be honest, it's VERY short and you're better off playing an actual full Zelda game. :P

It's better then the original Four Swords (and any other multiplayer Zelda that I forgot) as it's longer, so long as you have a friend to play with. Playing alone means you're doing it wrong.

Still only a 7 or 8 out of 10 by DSiWare standards. Go play X-Scape or Mighty Flip Champs.

Squirps

Official Squirps of GBATemp.net™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's better then the original Four Swords (and any other multiplayer Zelda that I forgot) as it's longer, so long as you have a friend to play with. Playing alone means you're doing it wrong.

Still only a 7 or 8 out of 10 by DSiWare standards. Go play X-Scape or Mighty Flip Champs.

Wait, you can do multiplayer on that? :O

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, you can do multiplayer on that? :O
The GBA version (an extra on Link to the Past) was multiplayer only.

I do highly recommend Four Swords Adventures on GC, it's not bad on single player but multiplayer its pretty awesome

Reactions: Costello

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm surprised no one figured out a way to dump them using dsiwarehax. I have the game myself, and it is indeed very short. Not worth paying any money for, I assume that's why N made it free.
People will probably keep it on their 3DS since it's no longer available, so there are probably plenty of people willing to dump it once possible. Don't worry about it :P

Reactions: ElyosOfTheAbyss
D

Deleted User

play four swords adventures on the gamecube, the dsiware version feels very cheap, it's so boring and repetitive, nothing like the gc version ( I was surprised that it was fun when i got to play the gc version because i didn't expect much after seeing the ds version )

I got it for free on legend of zelda 25th anniversary, and only played it like twice with a friend because we got bored so fast
playing by yourself is torture

like The Read Jdbye said, i'm only keeping it on my ds because it's not available for download anymore

GHANMI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies!
I got only to play the GC game and it was very fun, even though I never managed to open the Japan-only Navi Trakers mode on Dolphin for some reason (it required at least a GBA on real hardware, and before you ask the emulator problem is unrelated to that: it crashes before the opening cutscene).
As for Alttp, I never managed to play the Four Swords mode since it's multiplayer only, and I traded my GBA shortly after :(
So when I heard this one had single-player and additional levels, my interest picked... So sad it's no longer available by normal means

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you do multiplayer on the free DSiware release?

Locally? Online?

I have it on my DsiXL, but it's being repaired and I don't have access to it. I don't remember seeing an option for multiplayer.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The GC game is not the same game at all. Don't make that mistake, or you'll be severely disappointed.
The GC game is a direct sequel to the GBA/DSi game. Also, if you actually have friends to play it with, the DSi game is very fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later