Zune or iPod?

Heito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was planning to buy an iPod video 30GB when I saw this Zune media player which costs the same as the iPod and has the same capacity. To me they both sort of seem the same, except the Zune got a bigger screen. Does anyone here have a Zune? I'd like to know which has the easiest to use interface and music management (like itunes) software, or if the Zune got any problems with it.

CCNaru

Warn-free Since 2005
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
ipod + http://rockbox.org = winner.

zune is a piece of shit. and invest a bit more money...and get 80gb
biggrin.gif

GameGeezer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a Zune yet but I've been thinking about it as well. People who are fans of the ipod have complained about it's user interface but others have said it's user interface is as intuitive as any available on the market so I imagine that is pretty good. The screen is bigger but I don't think the resolution is different.

I heard the sound is excellent which is really the point of the whole thing anyway.

My daughter is getting one for christmas. She'll be a good test as to whether it is a good product or not. I'd go to a store and mess with one before I made a final decision. I'd be wary of people on line who are critisizing the Zune at this point. Most of them probably are ipod fans and wouldn't try a new digital device even if Jessica Alba popped out of it and gave them a massage while they use it.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
None. Buy an iRiver or an iAudio HDD player. Same build and sound quality, lower prices, no DRM, just drag & drop.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One of my dad's friend (I think he's over 60) claims that iPod are owned by Microsoft and Apple and Microsoft are the same company. Trying to persuade him that it's not true was impossible. Off topic but is a Creative Vision M a good purchase? Need something to listen to ever since I broke my iRiver H10.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iRiver or Creative over both iPod and Zune. It's all about the sound quality, at which the iPod and Zune are both poor at. Yell at me all you want if you're a fan of either device, but iRiver & Creative players have amazing sound quality - and if you don't believe it, you've never listened to them.
smile.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I like my ipod, the only problem is itunes. Its the worst piece of software I've ever used and they've made it far too complicated. I use anapod now, its just a simple drag and drop program.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I gotta go with the peeps that say Creative are better than the iPod (can't comment on the Zune though).

Creative MP3 players are awesome. My 4GB Muvo2 is still a great little player and is about 5 years old now, it kicked the original iPods ass at the time.

trebulator

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't like either one of them, but I will say the Sony NW-HD5 is awesome. Even though it has only 20gb of storage, it does everything a mp3 player needs to do, and it has over 40 hours of battery life, which just smashes the Zune/iPod's 13 hours. The Dell Digital Jukebox (20gb) is also pretty good.

Hah, but I probably only like it because a good battery life is sexay to me XD. Just do more research and don't limit yourself to just two choices. Right now I'm using a Philips GoGear 30gb and I'm pretty happy with it. It has drag and drop for mp3s, line in and FM radio recording, very good sound quality (much better than the iPod and ::very loud::), and it looks so friggin sexy. The bad things are it only has 13 hours of battery life, putting pictures on it just sucks, it lags bad if you're browsing songs while music is playing, and fingerprints show. Also, the headphones that come with it aren't even worth a penny.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
One vote for iRiver or anything made by Creative. You pay admittedly less for the brand name, you won't be a beta testing consumer for microsoft's first iPod competitor, and you won't look as stylish as if you owned an iPod - like everyone else...

The Zune doesn't even deserve contempt, and I feel sorry to have wasted one sentence on it.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You pay admittedly less for the brand name, you won't be a beta testing consumer for microsoft's first iPod competitor

Even Microsoft admits they don't expect this to create profit, it is being released only for marketing purposes, and the real iPod-killer will be one of Zune's future revisions
blink.gif

Apparently, the first Zune is only here to attract people's attention
wacko.gif

Why anyone would buy such a product is beyond me.

That would be like Nintendo releasing a new console, and then releasing a sexy new revision a couple of months later, making the people who bought the original feel very silly indeed.

Oh, wait....

rofl2.gif

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
One of my dad's friend (I think he's over 60) claims that iPod are owned by Microsoft and Apple and Microsoft are the same company. Trying to persuade him that it's not true was impossible. Off topic but is a Creative Vision M a good purchase? Need something to listen to ever since I broke my iRiver H10.
Well, your dad's friend is not entirely wrong. Bill Gates owns something like 5 or 10% of Apple's stocks.
Make sure you apologize properly to your dad's friend the next time you see him. Not because you may or may not have been right, but because you are not supposed to argue with old people.

kingkong

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
its really crazy how media-controlles you zune- and ipod-kids are. if any multi billion dollar business just creates a new product you fall for their nlp advertisement schemes that talk directly to your psyche and manipulate you.

iaudio x5l is much much better in sound quality as well as in user interface, as well in functions. damn you can even set a bookmark in a track. try that with a fucking mass manipulation ipod/zune.

i bet 95% of you kids would have fallen for hitler too. he was very good at manipulating the masses.

trebulator

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
its really crazy how media-controlles you zune- and ipod-kids are. if any multi billion dollar business just creates a new product you fall for their nlp advertisement schemes that talk directly to your psyche and manipulate you.

iaudio x5l is much much better in sound quality as well as in user interface, as well in functions. damn you can even set a bookmark in a track. try that with a fucking mass manipulation ipod/zune.

i bet 95% of you kids would have fallen for hitler too. he was very good at manipulating the masses.
I saw that a while ago... but unfortunately the ebay prices were way too expensive for me.
cry.gif

This thing looks like heaven.
wub.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Well.... he did have that Hugo Boss outfit.... can't say nein to a guy in Hugo Boss....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Carotenemia causes skin to appear orange-ish in color. Orange Pi. Carotenemia Pussy. Get it. lolol +1